Star Trek XII?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

The next film could be restoring the timeline.

And 1 wasn't ignored. (completely) they just decided it hadn't haappened yet when they mad e2. :p
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

THing is now that jj changed it the fed and alpha quad are doomed because the dominoin would have taken over and killed everyone. no cloak for difiant!

no episode where we find out that one race created us, roms and klingons and we have same dna etc. no borg due alternate history andkilng would have taken over what was left if roms also an may also have then taken out feds in the war.

the roms were crucial!
robin1983
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robin1983 »

yeah the crew of relativity jumps in the scene and fixes everything otherwise they are really snoozing on the job!
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

if the relativity exists in this new timeline...
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Ah the crap of timelines.

personally, I think the Kelvin's too small for a 800 crew. Seriously.

I mean, Kirks' enterprise only had, what, 400 crew? and the kelvin gives the impression of being smaller, what with the shuttles and the bridge window....
Will_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Will_H »

Perhaps most of the crew was made up of those little aliens like the one who is friends with scotty?
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

jaruler wrote:THing is now that jj changed it the fed and alpha quad are doomed because the dominoin would have taken over and killed everyone. no cloak for difiant!

no episode where we find out that one race created us, roms and klingons and we have same dna etc. no borg due alternate history andkilng would have taken over what was left if roms also an may also have then taken out feds in the war.

the roms were crucial!
the romulans aren't dead yet. :P it's VULCAN that got blown up. The Romulan hw wasn't destroyed until after that other stuff happened.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Jar Jar needs to fix what he screwed up, period.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
robin1983
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robin1983 »

tooo bad that JJ didn't make the movie before ENT if that got whiped out then i wouldn't really find that disturbing
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

But i thought that the romulan went back in time because romulas was destroyed. he came from an era where spoke still lived as it was his research, thus it was around TNG era and before the dominion invasion?

having had romulus destroyed he went back and destroyed vulcan in the past. which why this then did not save romulas in the future i think is very weird as something of this level would be recorded with why and how. thsu then making the future diferent again
TurboC
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by TurboC »

The next movie will "flash sideways" and all the characters will be talking to dead relatives, and then at the end they will all get on a starship to the afterlife.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

What episode established that Spock died permanently at any point?

Nemesis made NOT A SINGLE MENTION.

I felt that point needed a capitalised mention because its very important.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

TurboC wrote:The next movie will "flash sideways" and all the characters will be talking to dead relatives, and then at the end they will all get on a starship to the afterlife.
:lol: JUST :lol:

@jaruler:

Spock created a new timeline. So there's the normal one we all know and then there's this new one Jar Jar Abrams created.

I guess they made it this way because most fans complained that Jar Jar destroyed Star Trek. Sounds a bit like a back-door for me. Not that "well-thought-out" as usual (the much worst thing ever imo).
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

JJ Abrams was a genius for changing the time line, with events altered completely, thus creating an alternative universe, the 'canvas' is now blank once more just like it was back in the 60s, which means they have the opportunity to keep star trek going beyond the stars. with a new timeline nothing from the past films and series has happened so they can start from scratch, just think of watching it all over agen from the 60s as if it was your 1st time. Not meaning to take the producers' sides but think of all the money, lovely lovely money lol.
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I have to strongly disagree with you htere eprahsnada. I have spent too much time and emotion watching the Star Trek series just for it to be "wiped out" and mean nothing now. I guess it's a personal thing, and the Star Trek reboot is not really ment for us ST fans but to try and get fresh blood into the series.

Well if it is supose to "wipe out" the history of Star Trek, then we might as well delete BotF from our computers now, since they have no place in Star Trek lore now.

So BotF just a game now and not ST anymore?
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?

Return to “General Chat Archive”