Centaury Location.. your choice

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Selected
Ensign
Ensign

Centaury Location.. your choice

Post by Selected »

Imagine traveling to any period in history any location.Where would you go, who would you meet?

For me I would travel to 17 January 1610 and go to Galileo's observatory and witness the moment that he pointed his telescope to the heavens. The look of astonishment on Galileo's face I bet he stayed up all night just to try and comprehend what he was actually looking at.

A close second would be witnessing the moment James Clerk Maxwell realized that light, electricity and magnetism created the same phenomenon: the magnetic field. (Not sure of the date for this.)

Well there's two from me. Looking forward to read where others would go. It doesn't need to be related to science its just that they tend to be more interesting :D
This signature is currently under consturction.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Re: Centaury Location.. your choice

Post by eber3 »

Selected wrote:Imagine traveling to any period in history any location.Where would you go, who would you meet?

For me I would travel to 17 January 1610 and go to Galileo's observatory and witness the moment that he pointed his telescope to the heavens. The look of astonishment on Galileo's face I bet he stayed up all night just to try and comprehend what he was actually looking at.

A close second would be witnessing the moment James Clerk Maxwell realized that light, electricity and magnetism created the same phenomenon: the magnetic field. (Not sure of the date for this.)

Well there's two from me. Looking forward to read where others would go. It doesn't need to be related to science its just that they tend to be more interesting :D
If I could only make one trip, I'd have to go back and meet Jesus.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Screw meeting Jesus, i wanna meet Seven of Nine, so beam me to the future Scotty! But really, I just want to be around when they find out how to go to other planets, by wormhole or warp drive, doesnt matter to me... GET ME OFF THIS ROCK!!! :mrgreen:
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

the stegosaurus was an herbivore
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Tethys wrote:I just want to be around when they find out how to go to other planets, by wormhole or warp drive, doesnt matter to me... GET ME OFF THIS ROCK!!! :mrgreen:
totally my wish as well

but before that i'd go back in time to the 80's and watch RDA shooting a Macgyver episode
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
beepo
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by beepo »

I would hang out in the colonial times.(US) and then check out the anything in the future.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

There were no US colonial times. I assume you mean british and french colonial period.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

eber3 wrote:If I could only make one trip, I'd have to go back and meet Jesus.
nice idea. I will meet Siddharta Gautama.

But before we can do this we definitely need Starfleet-communicators.
robin1983
Ensign
Ensign

Post by robin1983 »

as i don't know what the future might be. i can only go to the past as that is something i will know about.

i will go to the han dynasty, china 206 BCE-220 CE. Those chinese had a almost perfect government with a good check on corruption and their science was amazing. The invented mass production by use of moulds. They invented oil lamps that where smokeless and you could direct the beam of light and set the strength of the light. They invented a seismograph so that the government could see in what direction an earthquake was so that the government could send aid to the hit area before news arrived by messenger

Return to “General Chat Archive”