UE HELP

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

UE HELP

Post by eprahsnada »

I am attempting to run UE but when I open the stbof.res it comes up saying either incorrect version or unfindable but lets me access the edit commands. then when i try and import new ship graphics to the game it loads up the pack so i can see the ships in preview but all of the other buttons are greyed out so i cant actually add them. What am i doing wrong because as far as the tutorial goes im doing it right. grr
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

Hi,

What version of UE are you using and what are you trying to mod (vanilla or one of the more recent mods)?

Regards,

C.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi eprahsnada,

to add ship models, UE needs to edit trek.exe and when you open stbof.res it'll try to load it. There are two versions of trek.exe supported. The one based on Joker's patch and the one found on the CD I have (european 1.02).

If it can't load trek.exe it will disable options that require editing trek.exe while still letting you edit the rest.

If trek.exe can't be found either make sure it's in the same folder as stbof.res or that the default trek.exe file is set correctly under settings. If it's an unsupported version, apply the Jokers patch or use the main multi-installer.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

I am using the UE i found on the download bit under modding, the 1st 1 i came across. and it says that in setting the trek.exe is there and i checked and it is, but i dont get why it then says that its an unsupported version or not trek.exe. i spent ages a few hours ago copying the ship packs into stbof.res and they were in there though they overode a load of crap, but it looked fine until i played when if i chose fight i would just shut off. I will look for this Jokers patch, is it in the downloads folder like the other stuff?
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

I found the joker patch, installed it and now it is working properly, thanks guys.

*turns to the ferengi* so how much latinum will this info cost my friend lol
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!

Return to “Modding Information Archive”