Multiplayer Save Game Help

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Whoopie
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Multiplayer Save Game Help

Post by Whoopie »

Hi everyone, first post and all that.

I recently purchased BOTF, along with a friend so we could play multiplayer games. However after many hours trying to get the computers working over the LAN I settled on using Warzone, which works fine. However when I save games and then load them again, the game loads fine we both get into the pick your race screen, once both races are selected the game loads for the host machine but either sits at the race selection screen or quits the game completely on the other machine. Is this typical of Warzone or do I have a fixable problem?

I'm also not really sure why BOTF doesn't work over the LAN, every other game does, even when we connect the machines directly to each other and set a static IP address they still can't see each other in BOTF despite yet again, other games working fine.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but it seemed the most appropriate given the choice.
Whoopie
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Whoopie »

Double posty goodness.

Just an update:

I've got the game working over the LAN now but i still have the save game problem, so thats obviously nothing to do with Warzone. However save games still don't work. I've no idea why, the other players still get disconnected when the game is started. Even if i copy the game save to the other computers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The message in the error log is as follows:

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Mon Feb 8 16:39:50 2010

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\comms\conninit.c, Line: 858, _loadGameWaitDlg != NULL
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 4 Starting Seed: 1265499530
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

hey man sorry for delay in posting.

I've had this problem before, back when my net was lame and cudn't port forward so was using "port bypass" on warzone...

one player left spinning on race selection while other gets into saved game

problem fixed itself once i had ports sorted, my only advice tbh is try flat reinstalls and retry the problem?
anyone else have any thoughts?

does your problem still occur it's been afew days...?
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Defiant
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Defiant »

I could recoment trying to reinstall the game and then don't install any mod.s that include multi mod.
insted find this file e-102xp.exe and then install it.
then you should in thory be able to run the game smooth without bypassin routher and be able to load save game. Tho not sure you can load savegames if there was saved while using a mod. but gess you can allways start a new one.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”