Star Trek XII?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I think the core of Star Trek will survive whatever will happen. Jar Jar's way is a risky one but may pay off at the end. At least I hope so. Watched "the reboot" again some days ago and what shall I say. Discovered even more flaws then b4 (thought this would not be possible but it was :lol:)

I hope Abrams will somehow find the essence of Star Trek. He admitted that he didn't even watched the series b4 so I also hope that he'll take some time and will catch up with us.
I don't want to see the core of Star Trek removed neither ignored. Star Trek is unique and still has lots of potential.

Ok 11 was a new opener which played on the surface. We'll see what'll happen in 12. I personally don't want to have one of this 0815 villains like Ruafu, Shinzon and Nero again.
HsojVvad wrote: Well if it is supose to "wipe out" the history of Star Trek, then we might as well delete BotF from our computers now, since they have no place in Star Trek lore now.
Way too drastic dude. I mean how much games did u play in BotF as yet? One big one? I mean every game is a different story.

But that's a bit of a flaw in BotF and I liked it in MoO2 much more. The thing that you were able to design your ships regarding the circumstances. In BotF there are given by default and are the same in every game. Ok therefor we have the whole load of mods to correct this issue. Just wanted to say that I strongly had to disagree with your opinion there dude.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Oh I played over 200+ hour of BotF in my time. I was just kidding to saying that we should wipe it out.

The thing I can't understand, is how can you make a movie and not watch any of the previous movies? Wow that is a new one to me.

So this reboot is suppose to be a trilogy? So I guess XIII will still be a whatever story that dosn't need to adhear to fluff,and XIV will restore the time line?

I wunder if Shatner will play a roll in any of the 2 other movies?
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

HsojVvad wrote:
I wunder if Shatner will play a roll in any of the 2 other movies?
i heard he wanted to be part of ST XI as well but they keept spock instead. kirk died in st VII anyway. would be difficuilt to add him
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

The idea of it was to rekindle childhoods. Remember how you felt the first time you watched star trek, how awesome it all was? now theres a chance to turn the chavvy git-bag kids of today into old fashion trekkies, by giving them the chance to feel what we did upon watching it. Yeah sure for us older fans it was a bit of a letdown, but lets not forget that it was nowhere near as lame as Nemesis, I mean that just sucked so much. BOTF is a game of the star trek universe in which we know, but this new film gives the young people a chance to have a reborn set of games, its just to make them feel the way we old trekkies do. like say the Next Generation of star Trek for the Next Generation of kids. :D

MY GOD I RAMBLE!!!!
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I want to see the fallout from this temporal paradox. What will the TNG era be like with this? and DS9 too!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

would be indeed funny to see. but I think they'll let it untouched. but in a future series in the 24/25th century playing they might pick up the idea of Jar Jar's bad parallel-universe.
HsojVvad wrote: So this reboot is suppose to be a trilogy?
read somewhere that quinto's contract ends in 2012. So much for a triology. Guess Abrams will let Spock die. I won't be surprised tbh. But who knowz...

I like the idea of rekindling childhoods. Guess in this time only a action-firework will get at least some attention. Everything has to be loud and noisy and flashing and shaking like an earthquake. Or "normal" ppl wouldn't even notice.

But action is one thing. It'll never end and you can't make it bigger and bigger and bigger. It's always the same. Trashy popcorn movies you'll forget after a week.

Star Trek is better then that. Or should I write... "was"
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Jar Jar's "StarTrek" isn't Star Trek, period. Don't care if he calls it that.

A friend of mine put it best, "You can put poo on a stick and call it a fudge pop, but I'm not gonna eat it."
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

eber3 wrote:Jar Jar's "StarTrek" isn't Star Trek, period. Don't care if he calls it that.

A friend of mine put it best, "You can put poo on a stick and call it a fudge pop, but I'm not gonna eat it."

+1
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

:lol: good summary and now thread closed :lol:

but I would like to know what happend to Berman...
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

eber3 wrote:Jar Jar's "StarTrek" isn't Star Trek, period. Don't care if he calls it that.

Lol, im sure someone will tho ;)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

*sigh*

JJ's really gone and killed this with his last movie to a point where I couldn't care less about what he has up his sleeve for XII. If everything isn't restored then I'm no longer interested. :(

Fact of the matter is I've really delved into the world of fan fiction to the point where I've pretty well lost myself at times ( I've written a few myself) and a lot of what I've seen on my travels kicks the backside off of JJ's lot.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
kylroy
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by kylroy »

JJs film was no real Star Trek. I agree to that, but it was very successful and this means we get more of this crap. *sigh*
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

"crap"? why?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

because its crap... lol
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version