BOTF Problems

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

BOTF Problems

Post by eprahsnada »

Right my game usually runs fine, has the Jokers patch on it and Ultimate Editor is used to change ships to how i want. It all seems to run properly, then I go onto UE just to jiggle a few ship stats and suddenly it wont save saying Nul Exception. this has happened like 4 times and each time i have to uninstall and reinstall BOTF. It all runs fine usually when i use UE, the game works and all that but out of nowhere it just appears saying that and suddenly my game wont run at all, it just stops working.

Any help? particularly from DCER seeing as you are the UE God :)
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
cosworth
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by cosworth »

hi i had the same problem and i keep a copy of my stbof res each time i modded it and its ok i copy it and keep it safe incase i mess up when changing things. i also have a question for any one out there how do you turn off auto upgrad on the ships?
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Yeah i'll have to do that. The thing is though i kept a copy of botf and that wouldnt run either. it is really confusing, i didnt know if it is because i have Vista but it works all of the time, until this rubbish comes out of the blue.

I would love for you to have to send ships back to the home system or 1 with a starbase to upgrade, that way u can have say constitution class as a light cruiser and a constitution refit as light cruiser II and have to go back for upgrading and refitting. Let me know if you find anything :)
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

cosworth wrote:hi i had the same problem and i keep a copy of my stbof res each time i modded it and its ok i copy it and keep it safe incase i mess up when changing things. i also have a question for any one out there how do you turn off auto upgrad on the ships?
Unless UE's radically changed since I was about and modding the only way you can stop ships auto upgrading is to open UE> Edit> Ships> Ship Stats and change 'Upgrade for' to 'Nothing.'

Only thing is you have to do this for each and every ship you don't want to auto upgrade. This will also mean the AI being the dumb stick that it is will most likely roam about with huge fleets of obsolete ships instead of scrapping and building modern fleets. :x
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Hmm interesting. Now all I have to do is reinstall my BOTF and then try and remove textures to lower pallet count and get to work.

Maybe it will work for me this time, otherwise I will have to find some Armada II mods instead and put BOTF on the backburner until I get a laptop or new PC.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”