Star Trek XII?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

The film's naff because the plot's an extremely poorly thought out piece of work that sticks two fingers up at the rest of Star Trek.

I mean we end up blowing up two iconic planets for no reason and the rebooted crew are well wide off the mark set down by the originals. (Not to mention must of them are plain a-holes.)

And the science? I know Star Trek often falls down on this, but the new movie takes it to a whole new level.

I could go on, but I can't be bothered. Not again.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

enh.... I don't see how it was that bad. sure the acting was off, but the "red matter" thing wasn't too bad. It's an exotic form of protomatter....

As for destroying Romulus and Vulcan.... the Future destruction of Romulus was what started the plot. Key word: future. As for the Vulcans... Yeah I was expecting them to get saved too, but they didn't. But "no reason"? It was the focus of the plot! It's not like it got tacked on at the last minute.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

stupid red matter. most idiotic thing in... dunno... at all? (for?)ever ever ever ever(?)

yea it's red... means dangerous... hate this thing. so much. so dumb... has nothing to do with it's color btw... :lol:

but hey if you want to look for explanations. you'll find them. later...(yea yea the black hole plus the supernova added explain it all :lol:

best of star trek was that I (often) felt comfortable with their explanations about tech and such things. I was able to let my mind fly through all the possiblities. It brought me to new places. It was plain and simple: inspirational.

And now what is left. A whole bunch of un-thought flashing crap. Liked the acting though!

The whole red matter thing was just totally fracked up. The idiot who made this ... up didn't get only a half of a promille of Star Trek. Red Matter is the worst I've ever seen in any Sci-Fi I've ever seen.

I even dunno with what to compare it. haha one thing always fit. In german it's the "Handlungslochkompensator". - action-hole-compensator (a fan invention) ;) but men in this movie they hit this special key on their tri-corders way too often. I hate movies where failures overwhelm and I can't think about anything else. I like to dream about what could be possible.

to get back to the topic. ST 12 will surely be the same making. So I don't expect something in any ST-kind which will be able to satisfy me as a sci-fi fan. As an action fan perhaps but nothing more.

positive voice: (again :lol:) But don't count your chickens before they hatch. ;) (gets worse then ever :lol:) :twisted:
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Yeah they needed to at least halfway explain what redmatter was. It'd have been better if it wasn't a total mcguffin.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I was watching the original Star Trek and I feel so sad what ST XI has done.

I just find it sad that to reboot Star Trek they made it Star Trek 90210.

I guess it wouldn't have been to bad if the history was kept, but too much was changed, that made it untreky.

As to Romulas exploding, that would mean it happened in our real Star Trek timeline. Why?

So I guess it is just not enought for Kirk to save Earth from destruction, now he has to save Romulas as well? Don't the Romulans have their own version of "Kirk" to save their own planet?
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

HsojVvad wrote:Don't the Romulans have their own version of "Kirk" to save their own planet?
Yes we do, but this is top secret Tal Shiar information. We dont need federation help.

BTW, 90210 is exactly what they did to SGU to make it sooooo boring... lol

tuned into one episode and i was like... wtf? Ive heard it even called BattleGate Voyager lmao
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Prometheus
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Prometheus »

eber3 wrote:This movie might be pretty good, if they just do a few things...

Get a different director

Get different writers

Get a different producers

Pretend the last movie never happened

Get all new actors

Get all new sets and ship designs

Stay/return to the proper universe

Avoid making Scotty a jerk who laughs about killing peoples pets

Make Spock something other than a physically violent sex starved womanizer

Not allow Jar Jar Abrams to continue playing the role of Scottys new assistant

Matter of fact, make sure that Ewok is never seen again

If they can do these few simple things.... the movie MIGHT be good.

I just saw this post, since I've been away from this site for some time now, and I just had to give my full endorsement on eber3s comment! :D
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

I don't. but it'd take several pages to explain why.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Hello everyone,

I just read that Simon Pegg has leaked on his tweet that the script for ST: XII is complete. It was just announced today and according to the article the entire cast has signed on for this and one more movie. Much to the delight of many of you JJ Abrams will not be directing this one but will serve as producer. It would be interesting to see if William Shatner will make an appearance in this one since he has not retired yet.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

It takes two cameras and two screens beside each other to get shatner fit into the movie. even tough i didn't like ST XI's story the effects and cast was good and gives star trek the long needed attention so I'm looking forward to ST XII
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Thanks for brining that up xdarktrooperx. I didn't hear anything about it. Unless I read it on these forums or in the news, I can't say I will be looking for information about the next ST movie now.

While I liked XI for what it is, just watching all the repeats, TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager, it's like they don't exsist now. I guess Enterprise is the only one that hasn't been touched now.

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

You are correct Dr_Breen so this movie can only be shown at IMAX theatres then. I agree also even though they made XI more cuddly and lovey dovey it still has sick special effects and good story. Plus it breathed new life into the franchise appealing to a broader audience imho and won the franchise's first Academy Award for makeup.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

@HsojVvad:

You are correct in stating its like the shows and movies have never happened but for this timeline. JJ Abrams didnt want to step on the toes of the original story so he explained this as an alternate time line because Spock and Nero went back and changed the timeline. I have and will always love the originals esp ST DS9 my fav. Also to point out if anyone else noticed in the new movie, when Scotty explains to Kirk why he was sent to Delta Vega he "lost" Admiral Archer's prized beagle. That is indeed a reference to Johnathan Archer who apparently lived into his 130's. No surprise since McCoy in ST:TNG Encounter at Farpoint is 137.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Admiral Archer? I just thought it was admirals dog, didn't realize it was Admiral Archers' prized beagle, I did infact miss that one. Maybe being disugusted how everything else was butchered I missed it.

I did like most of the movie though, but can't take it as "cannon" though.

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?

Return to “General Chat Archive”