Editing Ship Models Using UE

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Editing Ship Models Using UE

Post by tutankhaten »

hello, i am new at this and was wondering if anyone could help me. i have managed to import the ships i wanted into the 'not used' slots in the add or remove ship models part of UE. i wish to know if anyone knows hot to put these graphics files in use.

Plz help i'm desperate.
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

Hi,

Once you have loaded the new graphics into one of the not used slots, if you then go to Edit->Ships->Ship Stats from the top menu you will be able to see all of the ships in the game.

To change one of them to use your newly imported model, locate the ship you want to change (or copy one and rename it) then just change the image/model to the one you want to use (see pic below).

For more info on UE and general modding see this post viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=764

Regards,

C.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

read the ue thread and faqs! also check the tutorial Adding ships with UE! <<-- under modding
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Thanx

Post by tutankhaten »

Thank you so very much for your reply, it worked spectacullarily well.

v. much appreciated

T.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

just be careful when doing it though, I found that some ships that I imported worked fantastically, although a few (like one of the Constitution Refit models) would let me see it in battle, but when i clicked start fight as in start the current battle move it would stop saying Trek.exe has stopped working. I dont know which ships it is that do it but deffinately the Constitution or the Excelsior, it happened when a fleet of them two were in a battle.
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

becareful of the models you import an early problem was the phaser slot issue and so some models do not have phasers even if when importing they seem to -- tis applies to models from UM2 or UM at the very least read about this at trekmania.net

Return to “Modding Information Archive”