Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

siggi wrote:@MoE: Please keep em coming, your close observations! Frankly, I've been doing so many revisions and changed so much stuff, it is very easy for me to let these 'holes to poke' slip by. So please keep pokin' ;-).

As I have just noticed (havn't been online for a while thanks to real life troubles) DCER and Joker found a way to actually expand the shiplist, rather then exchanging ships for different ones.

Now that we have this possibility, I would like to ask everyone for suggestions of what ships he might want to see added to UDM III. From what I have read the theoretical limit is now 255 ships plus aliens, which is roughly twice the number of what we have in game now (or even more, not sure atm..). So you may feel free to suggest just about anything as long as it is in the 'boundaries' of UDM which will be laid out below (@crashpm: Guess what? You're getting the New Orleans ;-)).

-Siggi
My question is this one....if you can add more ships into the game....would it be possible to put the late ships in other techs...for example the Prometeus at tech level 12 and the Achilles at tech level 14?
If so it would be interesting to see how far things go...'cause the future techs levels seem useless to me. Is there also a way to add some new structures/discoveries for those tech levels...like multiphasic shielding.

You know like the armored Voyager
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Future Tech does give you bonuses,
Wepons give you +2 points ground combat
Food gives you +2 Food,

so the more future tech you have, the better your system will be

But having said that, once I am tech 10, I put all effort into industry, to build my nice shiny new ships.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Army40 wrote:My question is this one....if you can add more ships into the game....would it be possible to put the late ships in other techs...for example the Prometeus at tech level 12 and the Achilles at tech level 14?
If so it would be interesting to see how far things go...'cause the future techs levels seem useless to me. Is there also a way to add some new structures/discoveries for those tech levels...like multiphasic shielding.

Nope if you set a ship for tech 11 it will be available at tech 1, remember the game is not to bright.

thunderchero
will87
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by will87 »

Hi. Been playing the UM and UDM mods for ages. Just installed UMD3 and patch with hotfix but the system names are missing from the galaxy map. Can anyone tell what the problem is?
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

thunderchero wrote:
Army40 wrote:My question is this one....if you can add more ships into the game....would it be possible to put the late ships in other techs...for example the Prometeus at tech level 12 and the Achilles at tech level 14?

Nope if you set a ship for tech 11 it will be available at tech 1, remember the game is not to bright.

thunderchero
It was too good to be true.....wish that there had been a way to start the game with the NX and ending up in the 28th or so century with the Enterprise 1701-J....would have been a blast...oh well maybe with BotE....
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

will87 wrote:Hi. Been playing the UM and UDM mods for ages. Just installed UMD3 and patch with hotfix but the system names are missing from the galaxy map. Can anyone tell what the problem is?
Did you try to click on Display...Trade routes, Range, System Bonuses...you have to make sure they aren't OFF.
will87
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by will87 »

Cheers Army40, that did the trick. Feel a bit embarrassed now, been playing this game for 8 years and didn't realise the system names could be turned off 8O Thanks again though, can't wait to play the mod. :D
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Turner »

trevtones wrote:The dominion being able to trade without treaty cannot be fixed as of right now but to balance it out a bit they need a large population for a trade route.
Thank you for the information. It's a pity that there are still Ferengi elements in the Dominion gameplay, but as long this advantage is not too high, i can accept that.

But does anyone knows why i no longer have the explosions and sfx, after a torpedo (or a beam) has hit the ships hull??
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Turner wrote:But does anyone knows why i no longer have the explosions and sfx, after a torpedo (or a beam) has hit the ships hull??
The damage textures for all new ships are no longer there no one has figured out how to get them to work right. as far as explosions when ship is damaged and destroyed we are working on that, it is a problem with ship scale.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

Just to show we are still working on UDMIII updates here is a preview of new cardassian colonyship

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

A question about system requirements:

Is UDM III (Hades2.2 or autoinstaller) win98se compatible?

Kixtart.log says: Failed to load KX32.DLL

PS: your colonyship looks interesting and much better then vanilla ones
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Joker
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Joker »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Kixtart.log says: Failed to load KX32.DLL
hmmm....
never had that problem under 9x
but try this

extract self_installer.exe with winrar, 7zip or whatever (best @ %tmp%)
download http://www.kixtart.org/binary/distrib/KiX2010_453.zip
and copy kix32.exe and kx32.dll from KiX2010_453.zip over your extracted self_installer.exe folder
drag and drop bmod.kix over kix32.exe
wilkie414
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by wilkie414 »

Goodness - I leave for basic training and tech school and a whole new version comes out while I'm away.

Considering the last version I played was 2.0.5 (or something like that) I was blown away. New menu screens, opening video (I got chills watching it), and the Romulan Shrike is simply beautiful.

To all involved - bravo. Here is one fan of BOTF and UDM that appreciates your hard work.

Getting some ctd's from ship view of Cardie outpost and a handful of fed ships. No problems in combat with card outpost.
count23
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by count23 »

Army40 wrote:
thunderchero wrote:

thunderchero
It was too good to be true.....wish that there had been a way to start the game with the NX and ending up in the 28th or so century with the Enterprise 1701-J....would have been a blast...oh well maybe with BotE....
What about this for an idea, 10 tech levels are available, (11 if you count tech 0) and there are 5 eras you could play with. NX, TOS, TMP, TNG(Galaxies, Nebulas, Excelsiors), Post-TNG (DS9, Prometheus, Sovereigns, etc...) . Have two tech levels per era and then start deprecating ships and whatnot partway through a following era. Special structures can keep certain ship types in check.

ie: Daedalus class, Have them first appear in the second tech tier for the NX era and then disappear in the second tech tier of the TOS era. Or even have something like the Excelsiors appear in the second tier of the TMP era and disappear in the first tier of the Post-TNG era.

If you ramp up the points required to jump between tech levels, you really could make it an epic "BOTF". But i'm not sure this kind of deployment would work for the Ultimate Dominion Mod, i think a new mod would really be needed cause NX classes are not going to be able to stand up to even a simple dominion fighter.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

thunderchero wrote: Nope if you set a ship for tech 11 it will be available at tech 1, remember the game is not to bright.

thunderchero
that's odd, because on UM3 I had a glitch with the card dreadnoughts not appearing when they should do in the tech tree. It wasn't until i opened it up with UE i found that it had 3 requirements set at tech 16 or something ridiculous.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

Return to “Modding Information Archive”