Windows 7 problems/solutions please post them here

This forum contains threads from support forum outdated or no longer neede.

Moderator: thunderchero

Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

that might be the reason than, for you at least. I still have to play with mine to see if I can get it to work.
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

that might be the reason than, for you at least. I still have to play with mine to see if I can get it to work.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

goodone wrote:3. gpu's that do not support 800x600 [resolution the game is using],
I'm not aware of GPU's that should not be able to run in this specific resolution. Seems more like a driver issue for me then a hardware one.

krazyk wrote:I would put money that it is a video driver or setting issue
You could try alternative drivers instead the original ones. I've got very good experiences with DNA and/or Omega drivers. Lots of very good and experienced ppl are working on this alternative drivers. There are always up-to-date and like the original drivers there's a new version almost every month.
krazyk
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krazyk »

I tried running 640x480 under the compatibility mode. It was just ridiculous on a 24" monitor.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

looks a bit better in 800x600 on my 24" :P

if you don't want to use the alternative drivers I suggested then you could set up a virtual machine which has this special drivers for everything in it. I'm sure you can play it then. The best on this solution is that you could run the vm-software in a window instead of the crappy looking fullscreen mode :)
goodone
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by goodone »

@krazyk:
1. which installation procedures did u follow? [please be descriptive, and if u used more than one, list them all, with any differences in symptoms]
2. can u use 800x600 on ur system?

i am quite sure the issue is a small one, and drivers/settings/capability of ur graphic card are the best bet, as already mentioned.
iNqUIrY: whO ArE yOU?! Image
Image a cYbErnEtIc LifEfOrm,
LingErIng On hUmAnItY. Image
krazyk
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krazyk »

After the most recent uninstall/restart I run BOTF_1.0.2_English_German_d.exe and choose the Vanilla Install. That's about it. I have the 800x600 option but I don't think that I've tried that. I've run it at 1680x1050 on my old computer, but I can't get anything to run on this system.
goodone
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by goodone »

please, simply try hades installation, using the procedure i written down few posts earlier.
Adams_Tool
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Adams_Tool »

sweet downloaded the multi install version and it works again with win7 64bit, now i get to go back to feeling nervous every time the game goes into 3d wherever it will lock up or not :D
billy66bare
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Same problem GTX 470

Post by billy66bare »

Maybe the 260 drivers for the 4 series have a problem with this. I have the exact some problem with my GTX 470 (lines through the screen while over any radial button). I've played this hundreds of times before, and I'm pretty sure I played it on my old setup with Win7 x64 Ult. I just had to set affinity to keep the crashes away.

I've played this game for hours, and just got a hankering for it out of no where. lol I'm always suprised this little site is still up and pumping. :D
I started with an ISO of my own disk, used the 1.02 patch. Got the lines.
Downloaded ISO from here. Got the lines.
Downloaded the first Multi on the page. Got the lines.
I've tried changing the .ini as mentioned above, and have installed it as above. I'm assuming it's going to be an unsolvable driver issue at this point.
Any help would be much appreciated, as I really don't want to install a VM again.

Thanks in advance!
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

did you install hades?
billy66bare
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by billy66bare »

Yep, sorry I forgot to mention that. I did on the vanilla ISO. I thought the multi installed it auto-magically.
I realized later that that the first poster (of this problem) was using the 158 driver. I'm using the 160's.
If remember having this problem before, the more I think about it. But for the life of me I can't remember how I fixed it. I keep thinking I just reinstalled everything. lol
billy66bare
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by billy66bare »

Ah this blows.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

have you tried altering your graphics card settings? -- if so what?
billy66bare
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Thanks

Post by billy66bare »

I've reset my global settings to default.
I've created a profile, and enabled V-sync. (shot in the dark, I know)
I even installed an XP VM last night and it won't even launch in the VM. lol
I'd beleive my download was bad, but the ISO I made myself does the exact same thing.
I really appreciate the help. This has usually been my side game while I watched TV or whatever.

Return to “Support Archive”