I don't have enough power to do everything I want?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

RM33
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

I don't have enough power to do everything I want?

Post by RM33 »

Greetings. I wanted to dust off the old game and give it a try.

I did the following. I started the game at the highest level, at Tech 5. Then I picked the Cardassian Union. I then tried to turn on the Obsidian Order and Central Command at the same time. I did not have enough power to do both. Then I tried to produce power for, lots of it. No matter how much power I created, it would not increase. Basically, I had reached the max and I could not build more power.

What am I doing wrong. Why can't I turn on both Central Command and the Obsidian Order at the same time at Tech Level 5? Is it a bug? Must I start at a lower level?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Are you moving population into the new power plants that you built? You must do so in order get any energy from them.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Basically, I had reached the max and I could not build more power.
you can build an infinite amount of power plants if you wanted, so you're probably building the wrong building, or are not assigning ppl to the newly built power plant as martok stated before
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Of course you can also research energy so you can upgrade your power plants and make them produce more energy.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: I don't have enough power to do everything I want?

Post by slickrcbd »

Here is a pic that should explain what you are probably doing wrong. I just made a new game with vanilla and made a screen shot showing that there aren't enough people allocated to energy production to use most of the special structures.
In my game, I'd have to move 1 person off of food, and a couple more off of either industry or science (since there is no intel allocated either) to make enough energy to turn on most of the special structures. Those little triangles by the gauges increase or decrease how many people in the labor pool are allocated to each kind of structure. The labor pool is your population/10.

ImageMoreEnergy by slickrcbd, on Flickr

Return to “General Chat Archive”