Issues with UDML Buildings

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Issues with UDML Buildings

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I'm having some issues with the buildings in UDML, especially with the scanners. I want to use the original Covert Sensor Array for the Cardassians (+6 scan range).

UDML has the Covert Sensor Array setup as an intel building, so I gave it the original scanner properties, however, I can't get it so I can upgrade in the build que.

So, I thought I would use the Deep Space Array for the Cardassians instead, but I can't upgrade to that either.

Would someone be willing to go through my stbof.res and see if they can't find the problem? I know the file is a bit large, but it shouldn't take too long to download on fast connections.

Here's the link:

stbof.res

Thank you
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

scanners are the hardest buildings to edit. They must be set in over 3 places for correct operation.

thunderchero
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

So I gathered. Now they went from some working to none working at all :(.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

anything can be fix, It will just take a lot more editing on your part.

scanner rules;

you can have a max of 3 shared scanner levels with a special one for cards.

I am not sure if UE sets trek.exe building number of scanners or if it even has a location to set. (it has been over 2 years since I have edited them)

upgrading is main problem and each must be checked for proper assignment in;

building/building stats set scanners to race/build-able by/type of building/energy ect

AI/AI building requirements (set all edited buildings to new stats)

starting conditions/starting buildings (for each race and building used at correct level and remove from races that should no longer have them)

starting conditions/starting technology (auto set all when all building are set correctly) this is last step.

good luck

thunderchero
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Checking starting techs and starting buildings is always standard among my procedures. In this case, however, I can't even remove buildings that don't belong in a specific civilization level such as the listening post etc. That's why I asked if someone could look at the file because the stbof.res for UDM III came with this issue, and it seems to be beyond a simple editing fix in UE.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Best thing you can do with scanners is probably set them to Group > Other (not Group > Scanners), and set their upgrades accordingly, This has not given me any problems from personal experience, but neither has Windows 7 and BotF.. just to say, every system vs BotF seems to be different.

Upgrades work for me when Group is set to Other, and starting buildings/starting technology is arranged appropriately. Also, silly note: make sure your have building to upgrade to ;)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “Modding Information Archive”