Halo Mod in progress

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Paranoia
Ensign
Ensign

Halo Mod in progress

Post by Paranoia »

[Split from post in the Modding section.]
Below is a thread explaining my new project. This will be a long time in the making as I have first got to learn how to use the editor. Watch this space

Hey guys, I have been playing a few different mods that you have all created and it has inspired me to try my own. Im new to BOTF modding and to modding in general but I am going to give it a go.

I have always had more of an interest in level and game design than actually playing the games. I have previously spent much time in the Warcraft, C&C, AoE and HoMM editors. BOTF is an old favourite of mine and im going to try my hand at some basic modding.

Wish me luck ;)
Last edited by Paranoia on Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Good Luck
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

good luck there !!! tell us what you are going to do, once you feel the moment is right :D
Live long and propser
Paranoia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoia »

First im just trying to get to grips with the editor. Then im going to do some basic modding, changing ships and building etc. When ive gotten used to it all im going to start designing and making my own ships to import. Im thinking about making the Halo universe. The main races will be:

Federation replaced with UNSC
Romulans replaced with UNSC rebels
Klingons replaced with Covenant
Ferengi replaced with The Flood
Cardassians replaced with the Forerunners

I will make new system names to account for the Halo universe and will also create the ships to match.

Sol - replaced with Earth
Romulus replaced with Epsilon Eridani
Quonos replaced with Threshold
Ferenginar Replaced with - Installation 01
Cardassia replaced with Onyx

I will then change the smaller systems to systems from the novels.

Im not sure about what to do with Minor races yet, I will have to give it some thought.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

good luck,

I split your post from UE post so rename post title by edit

thunderchero
Paranoia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoia »

Thanks! :)
Paranoia
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoia »

Im really suprised at how quick and easy the UE is to use and understand. Did you guys make the programme yourselves?

I have a couple of questions if I may?

1. In the ship stats section what is the difference between Stealth 1, 2 and 3. The same for Cloak 1,2 and 3 also.

2. Ive uploaded an image to use instead of the picture of Gul Ducat for the Cards. Its a TGA image and is recognised by the editor. When I replace the image it shows my new one on screen but then when I do something else it changes to the image of the Pakleds. (Pakleds is next in the list). Im thinking that maybe the image has to be a specific size, would this be correct? If so does anyone know the size it has to be.

3. Is it possible to turn off the battle system? Basically meaning that every battle is Auto caluculated. I know most people wont like this but it may have to be an option if i cant make the ships I need to make

4. How do i save a copy to use later. When I click save it doesnt appear where I saved it.

Thanks guys
Halodude450
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Halodude450 »

Halo mod? woot! can't wait! :D

Return to “Modding Information Archive”