UDM Crash

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Nick2730
Ensign
Ensign

UDM Crash

Post by Nick2730 »

UDM keeps crashing for me after random amounts of tunrs. Never during combat which i came to expect. The game rarly froze in vanilla during turns. I did install hades with the mod could this cause it during basic gameplay?

There is no crash log either game just locks up and i need to cntrl alt delete
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

what platform are you playing on? et al -- are you running multi-mod / old mod et al?

plaese could you post some more details NICK 2730
Nick2730
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nick2730 »

Peter1981 wrote:what platform are you playing on? et al -- are you running multi-mod / old mod et al?

plaese could you post some more details NICK 2730
sorry, i installed the multimod listed in the main thread, installed it with hades. Clean install from the multimod

Playing windows 7 64 compatability mode xp sp2. I have xp installed on virtual box if i needed to go that route.

And the game always always always crashed when i goto research and look at ships. Always
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Nick2730 wrote:And the game always always always crashed when i goto research and look at ships. Always
uninstall everything and reinstall in software option this should fix your problem. Your video card is not compatible with hades.

thunderchero
Nick2730
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nick2730 »

thunderchero wrote:
Nick2730 wrote:And the game always always always crashed when i goto research and look at ships. Always
uninstall everything and reinstall in software option this should fix your problem. Your video card is not compatible with hades.

thunderchero
will it stop other crashes as well? Im trying to decide if they are unrelated.

Im using Nvidia 285gtx
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Just follow Thunders instructions, and you will get the best out of the game in matters of stability. Occational crashes, especially when many ships are involved in a battle will still happen, but are pretty rare.

After the clean new install with the "Software" option, check the ships rotating in the science screen. If you don't get any crashes there, you made it.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !

Return to “Modding Information Archive”