new tournament rule disscusion

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

@Ruthless
Speaking of vigilant wives,what tips can you pass on with regards to playing mp on a Saturday at 9pm .I've checked TV listings ....nothing doing,Ive checked new DVD releases ... nothing doing.I've called all her friends,none of them even sound like they will be seriously ill by the weekend.
If you can dig deep into your vast experience and provide a solution , I will be in your debt for eternity ( well......untill 9.30pm on saturday anyway ) :lol:
I eagerly await your reply Dr Ruthless

regards AFC_Desperate
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Trevtones had my email as .com

So just incase I put it down wrong, here it is again

sean_west @ hotmail.co.uk

Ruthless - what more could they tell me than "you are fantastic!" :P
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

ahhh that would explain why it never worked. :-)
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

carcher wrote:@Ruthless
Speaking of vigilant wives,what tips can you pass on with regards to playing mp on a Saturday at 9pm .I've checked TV listings ....nothing doing,Ive checked new DVD releases ... nothing doing.I've called all her friends,none of them even sound like they will be seriously ill by the weekend.
If you can dig deep into your vast experience and provide a solution , I will be in your debt for eternity ( well......untill 9.30pm on saturday anyway ) :lol:
I eagerly await your reply Dr Ruthless

regards AFC_Desperate
tough situation... it all depends whether you want it legit or dastardly... on how much acceptance your wife has of your "inner nerdationness", how implacable she is, and how willing she is to let your squirm ....

It is with great interest i read Siggi's comments on "bossier gender" on WIFE thread and the parodox of THEM not accepting BOTF as a part of man's life... While i don't have the solution to get the addiction passed on, i do have a few workable alternatives... I clearly need my wife and not prepared to part with her under any circumstances:)

Incidentally, I asked my Boss about your dilemma - she'd settle for a 1000$ Cnd gift certificate towards GUCCI purchase to start with... clearly, not a viable solution...

There several general approaches that were tested by a variety of practitioners and they yield adequate results...

To appeal to the nerd-sympathetic type - nerdy movies - well, BBC has this amazing Blue planet documentary on deep sea - total blast, PLUS it is 9 DVDs, enough to last you through the tournament... I got it as a gift for my routine graduation - amazing stuff...

To appeal to the materialistic wife - well, send her to the nail polish saloon or a spa for the evening... Cheaper solution - buy a gift certificate from the remote store that she'd like, tell her you won at work, and the only night she can redeem it is Saturday... she can take the car as it is long drive...that's dastardly but will work...

To appeal to the wife craving for company - talk to her girlfriends friends and buy them a dinner at the restaurant. Take her to the restaurant on Friday so that your duties are done by Saturday... A variation: Tell her you'd join her and her friends, but develope MILD gastrointestinal discombobulation prior to the departure and stay home...

Inundation technique - make her wanna get rid of your - stay home from work, do everything you can think of to make her happy, feed and dress up your numerous cats in her favourite palette of colours, surround her with flowers, exude ecstatic happiness... Start that today, by Saturday you'll inundate her with your presence and she will want to have a night off without you... Time it right to make it Saturday.

Cards open # 1: tell her that "your inner nerd" "needs to be play the universal Chess" (don't call that "a computer game")... and that you need to occupy that physical space at the computer terminal for the evening...Tell her you'd much rather spend time with her watching girly movies as long as she is ok with the imminent and guaranteed death of "The inner nerd" deprived of the space chess encounter

Cards open # 2: state that this encounter must happen so you are prepared to hear anything she wants you to do for the rest of the week on her own terms... Prepare for harsh consequences as she may ask for GUCCI

Cards open # 3: admit your addiction, but state that the BA (BotFnerds Anonymous) are having a crucial (don't say final) interventional meeting that, if successful, may rid you forever of your chemical dependence on Botf...

A variation: you need help, HER help, and will try to get off the needle but can't do it cold turkey... Would she stay close to you on Saturday night and as you play the game would encourage your with negative thoughts everytime a silly grin floats past your lips... Try to look glum and say it is working...

Bonus variation: if you lose the game, you won't be able to partcipate in the tourney - and that would help... otherwise, you'll let all the addicts out there down - they will surely croak if you don't show up for their interventional session - tell her you are doing it for THEM and that you'll try to stop this MATRIX thing but will do it from inside out...

these worked in the past... :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

I take it you've noticed I replyed in the wrong thread :oops:
I must be getting stressed :) I got them vigilant wife blues da dah da dah da :?
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

carcher wrote:I must be getting stressed
You said in a old post: You'll ask Patrick Stewart (living close to you) for the tournamment.

Is he ready to help you against Jig ?

:lol:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

he's by my side now with a cup of earl grey tea and his phaser set to Jig :)
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

i`m in the zone mate, may have trouble playing as my internet keeps going down every ten to fifteen minutes, i`ll hang there for a bit and hopefully it`ll stay connected
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Good luck!

Jbl has his pink outfit on ready for the cheerleading.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

RSE_Chris wrote:Good luck!

Jbl has his pink outfit on ready for the cheerleading.
If anyone actually wants to know what RSE Chris actually looks like....here a picture of him with his beloved uni attending beauty queen.....

http://www.mingers.com/minger_of_the_week.aspx

:P
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

ahh thats where you got the inspiration for your outfit! was this from one of your personal collections? :D
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Come on jig pizza's due anytime now :)
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

sorry man my net went down and only just came back on now, with the way it is i doubt i`ll be able to play in the tournie so i guess i`ll have to cede victory to you this time.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

@carcher

Next time say Patrick Stewart: Aiming opponents router wiht the phaser is prohibited !

@JBL
This gives the concept of "heavy cruiser" a whole new meaning
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:@carcher

Next time say Patrick Stewart: Aiming opponents router wiht the phaser is prohibited !

@JBL
This gives the concept of "heavy cruiser" a whole new meaning
Indeed she is a bit of a big lass......but rse chris says she has a great personality especially considering she is also deaf, blind and mute......

lol

:P

@carcher...... as Homer says we both win by the "sweetest two words in the english language.... DE FAULT who-hoo".....lol
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]

Return to “Multiplayer Games”