Ship types

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Sela
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Ship types

Post by Sela »

I was thinking about the hull/shield ratio, I got the idea that maybe we could implement a fixed ratio unique to each race. I was also thinking that since there was a torpedo ship, why not an all beam ship?
KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KtKPlay »

well...

One thing I have always thought was that the ships for the minor races should be as that to the movies.

Example: The Son'a ship totally kicked ass on the enterprise soverign class ship and was equipped with all kinda of weapons and others which were also banned by the khittomer accord and yet these types of ships are easily destroyed by the major races and I dont think this is right.

The breen warships should also be alot stronger as well.

Perhaps place a cap for the buildrate for these minor race ships so it will not unbalance the game but even still it's a shame that these ships are soo weak as it is.
Badbru
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Badbru »

You guys are either referring to Vanilla or just haven't played the mods enough.

In "Balence of Power" (BoP) the Constellation class is all phasers only.

In All the Ages mod (and I think UDM3) the minor race ships come in different levels, Class 1 to 4. The class 4 vessells are significant threats and since the minor races level quicker than even the AI controlled major empires, gaining minors and building their ships has never been more important.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Re: Ship types

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Are you kidding? I made the S'ona and Breen ships some of the most powerful in UDM III :D

Return to “Modding Information Archive”