Requesting a Revision to UMD 3 (I Hope this Gets Noticed)

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Requesting a Revision to UMD 3 (I Hope this Gets Noticed)

Post by KtKPlay »

Hello there.

I have been playing BOTF for a long time now and I have a request for a change. For me the gameplay is not only about the major races but also about the MINOR Races as well.

I would LOVE to see a slight change to the UMD to allow or add it so ALL the MINOR Races showed up/appear that are available on the Map.

I think it adds alot of color to the game. Perhaps this can be Implemented on the UMD Large Map version?

I think this change would be very easy to implement and would add a Ton of Fun to the game itself.

Thanks
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

It was noticed,

Just UDM is now longer being updated last release was final version

thunderchero
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I cried when I read that TC, but I guess in my heart of hearts I knew anyway. 8)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

you could personalize UDM3 for yourself using UE...if you wanted that..I'm not sure what you mean? you want to be able to see where all minors are from the beginning? or have all the ships in game from the beginning, regardless of if the minor has been selected in that map?
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

@KtKPlay:
The only offer I can make is releasing my canon map for UDM sometime soon. It incidently features all Minors, even on the expected location.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KtKPlay »

Mentat wrote:@KtKPlay:
The only offer I can make is releasing my canon map for UDM sometime soon. It incidently features all Minors, even on the expected location.

That's awesome..

It is also nice to see "The Greats" /Thunderchero and others still around the scene. Im glad there is still some life left here.

Here's another thought.. If Mike Strobel is not going to; finish BOTF2/Supremacy then why doesnt he just pass it all over to Thunderchero and his crew? at least then we'd get a release.....

Just a thought... thanks for answering and yes,,, I will look forward too/wait for your map.
KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KtKPlay »

Point of Clarification: I was not sure if i was clear on my intent in the original post or not so I will elaborate more on what my intent was.

Some games which you start have betazoids but not bolians, other games you start have both betazoids and bolians but not the Ktarians so why not create it so there is a way for you to have EVERY single available minor race that is there in the game appear all at once on the same map?

I mean... in the shows and movies all the races exist right? why not in the game? I also find that the major opposing races tend not to do as well unless they have some minor races under their belts.

It might be that those who were working on this game and website long ago are now gone and playing Star Trek Online.

Regardless people, tyvm for your hard work and time.. I myself still play this game and I would not be able too if it weren't for the contributions which you all have made
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

this is a give and take problem,

With large maps you can get 30 minors every time but they will be all on left side of map.

So to get them spread out better the value used give a chance for all minors to be present but most times it is 28 or 29 minors on map.

only other option would be to have the biggest map at 40x30 or not play large maps.

thunderchero
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

...Or play mentats canon map
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KtKPlay »

Alright...

I give up... Maybe I am just Ultra-Uber Nub but where is this Map?

I have UDM 3 and I have played the large map but I still dont get all the races therefore this cannot be it can it?

I keep searching..............

Thanks
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

mentats canon maps are found in a folder in install location of UDM if you have latest version.

you would need to rename and add to UDML folder to replace the save you want to overwrite.

thunderchero
KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KtKPlay »

Thunderchero/ or whoever can answer this please...

I have tried your suggestion for the canon maps and I am not proficient with this/using it

I have tried to follow your instructions but the save files say 0 kb and I need this explained in Captain Dummie Talk please.

Thanks
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

It sounds like you are looking at wrong files or you do not have the most recent version of UDM 3.0.1c

first go to your (install path) UDML\Dominion Wars scenario saves folder select the file you want to use I guess you want to play a single player game. So open "single player saves" select the race you want to play and open that folder. inside that folder is the saved game you need to use for that race. copy that file to (install path) UDML and over write the current saved game. This is easiest way if you no longer care about any saved games you had played before.

thunderchero
KtKPlay
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by KtKPlay »

Alright

I did that and its working but I am noticing that all of the Minor races are not here on the Map. Im not sure of what other races there are supposed to be besides the Corridans but I know they are not here

Any idea's on this? it says on the release notes that the Corridans are supposed to be here

Please let me know

Thanks
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Are you loading the correct saved game?

Return to “Modding Information Archive”