Tutorial: How to Download & install BotF & Mods

This forum contains threads from support forum outdated or no longer neede.

Moderator: thunderchero

Albert_Meilenstein
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Albert_Meilenstein »

Hekko guys.

Um ab german ab 35 years old. Just find this site in time an koad all fikes .

Hope it will be run soon. ;-)
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Welcome, Albert_Meilenstein! :D
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
OllyPH
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by OllyPH »

Best Mod´s would be Large All the Ages Mod and Flagship Mod together,....

This would be very, very, very, very nice,....

Good work all of you !
Greetings from Munic, southwest Germany
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Re: How to install & Download Main Multi-Installer and mods

Post by HsojVvad »

I need to redownload the multi installer main game, so I can play mods again. I don't think my CD will work with them correct? So when it says to use a multi installer, and it was suggested Fire Fox, is that the internet browser?

I had to redo my computer and forgot to save everything. I don't rememeber what multi installer I used, so I want to make sure if the Fire Fox browser is all I need.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

HsojVvad wrote:I need to redownload the multi installer main game, so I can play mods again. I don't think my CD will work with them correct? So when it says to use a multi installer, and it was suggested Fire Fox, is that the internet browser?

I had to redo my computer and forgot to save everything. I don't rememeber what multi installer I used, so I want to make sure if the Fire Fox browser is all I need.
Yep, use "downthemall" plugin for firefox, and download the main multiinstaller. You won't need a CD.
Live long and propser
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Thanks Angel. I just find it funny after all these years I finally found my CD which I haven't used in a long time.
MartinTF
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by MartinTF »

Can someone please help me? I've downloaded this to my laptop using google chrome and its intatlling now buts its finding alot of corrupt files. Mainly .wav, .avi, & .dat files. I have tried installing it with both settings options and its doing the same thing. I read on here that it takes 5 mins to install but this has been installing for 2 hours now and its not even half way done. I havent been able to leave my laptop because every few minutes theres another error coming up saying theres a corrupted file. What can I do to fix this i am dying to play this game again.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

MartinTF wrote:Can someone please help me? I've downloaded this to my laptop using google chrome and its intatlling now buts its finding alot of corrupt files. Mainly .wav, .avi, & .dat files. I have tried installing it with both settings options and its doing the same thing. I read on here that it takes 5 mins to install but this has been installing for 2 hours now and its not even half way done. I havent been able to leave my laptop because every few minutes theres another error coming up saying theres a corrupted file. What can I do to fix this i am dying to play this game again.

Hello MartinTF, welcome to BOTF forum ! :D . I would recommend to download it again, if it is possoble with mozilla with the downthemall plugin (you can find in mozilla plugins). I don´t why your installation had so many erros, never happened to me, maybe the download had some erros from the beginning :?
Live long and propser
MartinTF
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by MartinTF »

ok thanks im downloading it again the way u mentioned. I'll let you know how I get on. Can I ask what exactly is different in this over the original game? I've read the post about the download but I don't full understand it (sorry im a newbie here :( )
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

MartinTF wrote:ok thanks im downloading it again the way u mentioned. I'll let you know how I get on. Can I ask what exactly is different in this over the original game? I've read the post about the download but I don't full understand it (sorry im a newbie here :( )
The main multi installer has no changes to game play. but it creates backup file that allows you to install a mod without swapping files.

thunderchero
MartinTF
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by MartinTF »

yay it works! ive downloaded all the ages too and im just playing it now. It all seems great accept the game keeps crashing :( it does it on some battles when i go into fight and whenever i go into the research screen to look at the ships. Sorry i know this is the wrong thread for this
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Welcome MartinTF,
Uninstall the main multi installer and reinstall using software not hades. Also make sure any mod you install has the software option clicked for install. This should solve your problem
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
ststw127
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: Tutorial: How to Download & install BotF & Mods

Post by ststw127 »

I recently downloaded the multi installer. when i dl and install a mod currently trying udm3 i have uninstalled it 3 times and reinstalled. each time it says "windows is searching for trek.exe to locate the file yourself, click browse" when i go to trek.exe it loads the reg game. any ideas?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

what path is multi installer using C:\BOTF?

what path does UDM use C:\BOTF\UDM?

thunderchero
ststw127
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by ststw127 »

C:/botf/trek.exe for reg
C:\botf\UDML\trek.exe for UDM

Return to “Support Archive”