Multiplayer Issues

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Multiplayer Issues

Post by crashpm »

My girlfriend and I have been trying to play on Warzone recently. And through much trial and error we can get through using the Bypass feature. However using it has made for some really buggy gaming, most time we load up regardless of who hosts, the non-host cant select thier race. In the few games we get through we usually crash pre turn 30.

From playing years back, I remember that playing without the bypass was far more stable. Problem is I cant seem to get it working.

Her router (Lynksis) was Easy, I forwarded the ports and was able to host using her comp.

My router on the other hand, has all the appropriate ports Forwarded 2300-2400 TCP and UDP and 47624 TCP. When I try to join her games, my game freezes and eventually just crashes. When i try to host my own, when i click on make new multi game, my game crashes and i get a "Trek.exe has stopped working" error.

Trek version: UDMIII
Firewalls: Disabled
Ports: Forwarded to the correct machine
Router: 2701HG-G Gateway (Bell internet)

I have even gone as far as to set my Router to open ALL ports to no avail. Anyone have any insight on what i may have missed?

*edit*
On warzone ive run the DX port Test Sometime 2300, 2400 and often 47624 fail
*2nd edit*
Even when i've had all ports showing a pass i still get the same crash
Be a good sport, dont use cloakers.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

if your gf is not on the other side of the world try setting up a LAN game.

or use HAMACHI, or find out about tunneling.

btw it's normal that 47624 fails. Try using search function. a lot of threads already cover that topic.
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

Yeah i have already done a lot of forum searching. as far as i can tell I have the following issues eliminated.

I have an IP for my comp that never changes

My install path is C:/BOTF/UDMIII/Trek.exe <<<no spaces

My firewalls are completly disabled

I am running the game in compatibility mode for windows 98. I am on a Vista 64 bit OS

I am using the most recent muti installer patch/iso and up to date UDMIII install

All the correct ports are forwarded to this comp.

We both use desktops so moving comps to one anothers homes to play is too much work to LAN. We are goign to try direct IP connection when i get home from work.
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

Did direct ip work out?

edit: may be you should try and connect to someone else on wz to test... pm me if interested
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

Yeah the Direct IP and LAN attempts did not work out. Even just trying to host using TC/IP causes the same crash identical to my WZ one.

**Edit**
Well I just decided to try launching Multiplayer games with Vanilla Botf. They were working. I guess theres something about the UDM III mod in concert with my computer thats screwing me over. I've tried Re-installing it, didnt help.

Funny thing is I used the same disc and mod installers (i keep them on a flash drive) to install my GF's UDM which is working fine.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I doubt if it will help but you may need to install an older version of "direct X".

some newer versions of Direct X (10 and above) has no idea what "directplay" is.

If IRC you would want the SDK version of direct X 9.0 (directx_Jun2010_redist.exe) is the one I use. this will only add any missing files and you will keep current version of direct X you have installed.

good luck

thunderchero
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

Well then I just re-installed for a third time, this time I used the ISO downloaded from the site instead of my Vanilla Disc (which is an old burned copy).

Upon testing i found im not crashing when i try to host now. Now i gotta trying with another player soon. *crosses fingers*
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

All is working now. I'm guessing my old CD is starting to die off, giving me bad installs.

Thank you Thunderchero for putting up the ISO!!!

Return to “Multiplayer Games”