ok, another MP meet?

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

ok, another MP meet?

Post by ruthlessferengi »

hey, how about an mp meet sometime soon? no pressure, no ranking, brush up on your blitz skillz, keep it simple, 1 vs 1, a few fun, short high tech games... any mod... longer games if willing to stick out several evenings... any takers?
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Count me in buddy. Not sure when you wanna do it but this coming week I have off Mon (6/20), Tues (6/21) and Wed (6/22). I work third shift so possibly can do it earlier in the day on weekends if ppl are only available then. Our little one-sided victories for you have rekindled that MP fire in me. lol
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

yeah i,m up for it,i'm free most weekday evennings for 2-3 hours,GMT.

It's been a while since Ruthless chewed me up on wazone :roll:

lookin' forward to it.
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ruthlessferengi

i am in wz now ... also, evenings are pretty much free (mostly) over next couple of weeks so pm me:)

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

hey carcher :)

do you still have a savegame of our old game we wanted to continue?
ruthlessferengi

Carcher we'll finish our game next week as I am away till Monday... xdx, game sometime next week? Carcher turned tables on me, refuses to die, killed my fleets, I am all shocked etc. :)

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Krazee, iIcan't find the save game at all :( sry mate,

Ruthless, next week is fine by me and I know your not really shocked :wink:

We are both playing our fav races with fluids mod me fed RF fergs.He declared war on me and pounced but my fleet of HDII's and Dreads won the day,but only just.

As things now stand we are in an arms race ,while I'm also bombing his colony to reduce his ship range.

Happy days

:lol:
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

RF sure thing just PM me I'll pop in on WZ from time to time also over the weekend. Carcher, interested in a game? I'm available days this weekend GMT-5 same as RF. UDM or Vanilla as those are the ones I currently have installed. Just PM me. Cheers everyone!
ruthlessferengi

Shud have bombed his motherworld while I could... to smitherins.... ahhh:) the joys of retrospectoscope...

ruthlessferengi

well, Carcher and I played a couple of Fluid games. He was Feds, I was Ferengi, as usual... first game did not go very well for me but for a while i was under delusion that things are shaping up nicely - i quickly amassed a flotilla of peacekeeping mauraders and moved on to his space (it was only 9 squares away) to bomb his home planets... I should have bombed his world into oblivion, as he was hesitating to bring out 8 dreids and 10 HD vs my 18 maurads... he did come out in the end, and HD pulverized my fleet... his fleet took some beating too but he preserved a bunch of elite HD .... I started to rebuild but neglected to take care of intel, lost 1/3 of my facilities to sabotage from roms/cards and then was trying to catch with the hope that was quickly fading... i did manage to build another 16 dreids but they were no match to the mixed fleet of dreids (9) and hds (10).... so i admitted defeat...

second game was coldwar scenario... we started on separate ends of the med galaxy... i colonized a bunch of planets first, waiting for their pop to kick into high gear at turn 60 or so.. built a bunch of maurads, then realized that i've been neglecting mixed fleets so started to build raiders... upgraded them and in the end had 40 type 2 raiders and 21 maurads, vets.... i had to take out roms while feds were busy subjugating klings... in Fluids feds have minimal penalties for taking over planets (he did have to liberate a few minors to offset peaceniks)... i maxed out my pop, built up intel, and started moving toward his space getting range for my short range maurads... i arrived at his homeworld to be greated by 30 odd HD2 and 36 heavies - mostly dreads, mayby 9 hc... he was busy...

i targetted his dreaded hd2 first and kept my raiders away from ram attacks... on second run i rammed his hd2 with maurads - they wandered close enough... then i lost all of my maurads and had about 20 raiders 2 vs about 15 dreids... i started circling him being tempted to evade but knew better - would have crushed the game... in the end i had 9 raiders left, legendary but during several turns of the battle i thought that all was about to be lost... it was a close call and a game like in the good old days of tournies and meets...

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

:) :) Yeah it was one of the best mp battles I've had, I knew the dangers of the raider II's but my big lumpy Dread's couldn't really get near the little swines,I did manage to ram a couple of them I think and the long range assalt command got a few more.
My HD's buzzed about but I dont know how much damage they did and as RF says the evade order can't be used so that cuts down on thier effectiveness ( same for both of us though).

It would have been better for me if we had been closer together, as in our first game, whare I was busy bombing Feregnar back to the stone age before he could research raider II's.

so now its another arms race, happy days

edit

just looked at moral penalties these doesn't seem to be a difference?

Return to “Multiplayer Games”