Only Basic shipyards buildable on colonies

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Only Basic shipyards buildable on colonies

Post by Peter1981 »

HELP! - Only basic shipyards avaliable to build on colonies of any major empire

I've been working on the TOS MOD, and I have a major problem, all your colonies, irrispective of which major empire you choose to play, can only build the basic shipyard, membered minors are the same but have a further problem that they all have building index 59 (court of the teer). Homeworlds however do get the correct empire's shipyard.

If anyone knows why this is happening or can suggest a solution please post it - thanks in advance.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Only Basic shipyards buildable on colonies

Post by Tethys »

Check to see if major yards are only one per empire instead of one per system in UE.

Index 59 you should be able to check the ownership in the building list in UE.

Check integrity.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

thanks tethys I've checked these -- it's wired because I've only changed the minor races buildings, I havn't touched any of the major empires buildings, I did move index 59 up to the top and back to place saving each time and that resolved the minors issue.

I've only made the following code changes but these seem to all be correct (no typos)

Starting Fleet - on the home system - SCT
Shipname Appendix Fix - SCT
Custom Planet names for any system fix - DCER
No SH protection for active OBs - SCT
defensive bonus for Strike Cruisers against OBs - SCT
German inhabitant display bug - SCT
set Buildable minor ships in addition to empire
ships (major code modification) - DCER
Map Ranges, Cardasians, Level 8, 2 -> 3 - DCER
Ships in build queue not auto-upgraded fix - SCT
Auto-Upgrades for AI only - SCT
Refitting Process - SCT

anyone no of any conflicts? or other explanations. -- the gamesd not unplayable but you only get one universal type of shipyard -- ii there and if so where is the test for this in trek.exe -- I just wounder if i've screwed it up??
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

do side by side compare with all buildings for same index number with unedited version.

DCER is still working on finding all the code locations for all the structures. (moving some structures still cause problems)

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Peter1981 wrote:it's wired because I've only changed the minor races buildings, I havn't touched any of the major empires buildings, I did move index 59 up to the top and back to place saving each time and that resolved the minors issue.
The minor race building IDs are hardcoded in trek.exe so don't change them. I.e. adding more structures for minors might be problematic as well. The same goes for all special groups like yards, refineries, scanners, OBs, SH... Also the major special buildings are fixed at many location (e.g. to check for auto-removal when conquering systems - like the intel structures).

Peter1981 wrote:German inhabitant display bug - SCT
Why that?

Peter1981 wrote:Auto-Upgrades for AI only - SCT
Refitting Process - SCT
Doesn't make any sense to combine these, also IIRC they are conflicting.

Probably, the AI-only option needs the same update like the hull fix (reported wrt ECM) in order to work without issues.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

SCT worte:
The minor race building IDs are hardcoded in trek.exe so don't change them. I.e. adding more structures for minors might be problematic as well.
I've added an extra minor buildings (30 in total) in another mod and hadn't noticed any problems (I didn't check if they are removed on conquest et al.) I didn't realise they are all(?) hardcoded - I knew some minor buildings i.e. the Zakdorn training facility, has been include in code for training; but, are they all, or is it only some of the minor building?

SCT wrote:
The same goes for all special groups like yards, refineries, scanners, OBs, SH... Also the major special buildings are fixed at many location (e.g. to check for auto-removal when conquering systems - like the intel structures).
I am aware of this; havn't made any major changes afaik to the structures theres the same number and there in the same position as vanilla 1.0.2; the only differences are cosmetic i.e. race names, building names descriptions and what they do in effect these are minor changes that shouldn't have affected the shipyards, or am i mistaken?

thanks to you all for the feedback i'll try and figure it out any more thought would be greatfully recieved....
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi,

I've added a lot of building ids to the latest version and reading this it looks like UE is setting wrong shipyard ids in trek.exe. I'll try to find and fix the issue as soon as I can.

The minor race building ids I've found at 0xC1711 in trek.exe are edited by UE, I haven't found any others.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

@DCER yes it does seem to be UE 0.7.2dev2a -- I loaded a clean multi-mod 1.0.2 and ran ue check integrity -- for some reason although I didn't look at, the building stats screen at all the shipyards have for colonies become basic shipyards :) thanks for the responce.

@SCT RE: ai only upgrades/refit sorry this is :oops: obviously :oops: a mistake -- there not both being used although I did ai only and then changed it back and put in the refit code sorry for the confussion in that post -- your continued support is very much appriciated.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Uploaded a fix. UE was using the first id buildable by the empire as that empire's native shipyard and the first shipyard was the basic one. I'm sorry for the troubles, saving with the new version should fix the problems.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

DCER wrote:The minor race building ids I've found at 0xC1711 in trek.exe are edited by UE, I haven't found any others.
Yes IIRC aside of the IDs for training limits I also saw no further. But adding more minor buildings still requires rewritting of sub_4C22F8 (if it's used at all?).

Also there're still many strange special features hiding in trek.exe. So e.g. the computer tech bonus (like the Daystrom Institute) gives on some difficulty level an intel bonus for AI only.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I think those might be used in the diplomatic screen where the minor race's special building is presented. Then only one id per race is needed. UE will use the id of first building it finds for the race and do no re-coding.

Edit:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:Also there're still many strange special features hiding in trek.exe. So e.g. the computer tech bonus (like the Daystrom Institute) gives on some difficulty level an intel bonus for AI only.
I had no idea. But yes, trek.exe has a lot of building ids hardcoded and it's best practice to leave buildings where they are.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Thanks DCER :) this worked for me :)
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

going back to the issue with index 59, it appeared again, I moved index 59 up one place and down one place (59->58->59) and then saved stbof.res and updated trek.exe when prompted. this sorted the problem but it seems to be todo with the minor race initial buildings If it keeps happening I'll post some more -- can anyone else post if they've found a similar problem.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I found a small bug while auto setting structures with starting condition/starting technology UE 0.7.0l does not seem to have this bug. It might be worth giving it a try.

thunderchero
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

If tried rolling back UE sad to say it must be a new index being set? similar to the shipyard problem.

Return to “General Chat Archive”