Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

Awesome ships..I've played the Feds, the Cardies, the Klingies...now playing the Romies...will keep the Domies for last....so far so good with the game....so far only one crash happened with the game while playing the Klingons and it was about to destroy a Dominion outpost with several ships near it...the game is pretty much stable...I did notice tho that the Romulans trade routes are pretty hight like around 470-480 population to have 1 trade route...had to buy out minor but guess what....when doing so in order to join the empire....they had no....farming facilities...had to build them and of course the population was dropping fast as well...
I also noticed that they have almost no power special structures and that you need to build the intel Talshiar special structure in order to boost the moral....either that or keep on attacking and winning battles. It's hard to get everything powered up without special power structures...it reduces a great deal the industry output.
Anyway...pretty nice game....so looking forward to see more ships added to the game.
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

Just a thought from out of left field...

Have you thought of changing the position of the Dominion with the Federation? I'm sure this would entail a whole heap of file restructuring, but I thought the Federation would be far more suited to receiving the 'trade with anybody' bonus that comes with the Ferengi empire position. It just seems to suit their nature most out of the empires present in the mod, and it offers a balance to the fact that so few of their ships upgrade compared to the other empires.

This would also put the empires back in alphabetical order. ;)
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

The_Nighthawk wrote:Just a thought from out of left field...

Have you thought of changing the position of the Dominion with the Federation? I'm sure this would entail a whole heap of file restructuring, but I thought the Federation would be far more suited to receiving the 'trade with anybody' bonus that comes with the Ferengi empire position. It just seems to suit their nature most out of the empires present in the mod, and it offers a balance to the fact that so few of their ships upgrade compared to the other empires.

This would also put the empires back in alphabetical order. ;)
I had the same thought and suggested...but was politely :) told that this would require a modder to go in and change thousands of files and was not really an option!!!!!

lol

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

I was pretty sure the modders would have thought of it too, and not implemented it due to workload. Making that kind of change sounds like it would be too much work for the reward. Thanks for the info JBL. :D
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
xenophon
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xenophon »

Hello thunder/siggi, I have a problem trying to install this mod.

I have installed Botf, then downloaded the patch from this site (1.02e) and installed.

Then I have downloaded and installed your 3.0 g exe.

The installation process is fine until this point where it comes up with an error stating this:

"The error:
adding C:\DOCUME~1\Xenophon\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS1B.tmp\mod\*.* into C:\botf\stbof.res

can`t adding C:\DOCUME~1\Xenophon\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS1B.tmp\mod\*.* into C:\botf\stbof.res

ERROR 2 The system cannot find the file specified."

I have reinstalled, and redownloaded both patch and udmIII files but still get the exact same error.

When I go to play I get the udm splash page but everything else is vanilla.

Also I have checked my botf folder and stbof.res is sitting there, as well as, a file called OLDstbof.res.

Can anyone help? Or post a rar for a manual installation?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

@ xenophon

on this page has instructions on how to do manual install
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi ... &start=150

but first delete that 1.0.2 patch and use this one.
viewtopic.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewd ... ls&lid=120
this is the only patch you should need.

by the way that is a strange error, you only need to run UDMIII exe not extract it and if you have changed location of install it may also be causing problems. also try downloading UDMIIIg.exe you might have gotten a broken download.

Also after uninstalling delete the install folder since there were errors during install and start over.

good luck

thunderchero
xenophon
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by xenophon »

Did both thunderchero and it worked. Thanks alot!

I have no idea why it didnt work with the autoinstaller, maybe something to do with the fact my C: folder is crammed with stuff.

Cheers, Xeno.
Knowledge is Power - English Proverb
Jral
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Jral »

I would just like to say this mod is fantastic and to keep up the good work.

Played version 3.0f with the Cardassians and will be returning to play 3.0g as soon as i have finished my thrilling game playing the Klingons in Gowrons Balance of Power mod.

I LUV THIS GAME. 8)
TrekMage
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TrekMage »

Dear Badbru & Thunderchero,
Badbru wrote:Sorry to be bearer of bad news but I think somethings wrong with the new voiceover Minor race intro's. I've just been playing as Federation and many of my intro to Minors would be more fitting for the Cardassians. Take this one when meeting the Corridans for example;
"The Corridans are excellent ship builders. They would make an excellent labour class."
That was definitively meant to be the voiceover for the Dominion.
thunderchero wrote:As far as the minor intros go there is only one intro per minor race, and all empire hear the same one so some may not fit like the ones you have pointed out.
Maybe a solution would be to create a "neutral" voiceover for every one of the Minors first (e.g. for the next release or as separate Voice-Pack) and afterwards do the voiceovers for each Minor in Fed-Style, Klingon-Style etc. for every new release.

@Thunderchero: will PM You with more details
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Turner »

It seems there is a bug in trek.exe concerning the phasers of the new Dominion Space Stations. Neither the Fortress nor the Heavy Fortress make use of their Polaron Beams. I hope you have time to investigate that, because i cant fix this by myself.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Turner wrote:It seems there is a bug in trek.exe concerning the phasers of the new Dominion Space Stations. Neither the Fortress nor the Heavy Fortress make use of their Polaron Beams. I hope you have time to investigate that, because i cant fix this by myself.
opps,

you are right you can find replacement exe here;

http://www.4shared.com/file/53866490/b841ad08/trek.html

thunderchero
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Turner »

jup,
works fine now

thank you
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

i had to try out your mod as well...it's awesome so i told a friend of mine to install it as well. but it looks like his machine has problems with the mod, his 3d battles look like the screens bellow, the vanilla botf works fine. did you change something in the 3d engine? you know how he can fix it? i copied his whole botf folder on my pc, and it works fine on my machine.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Dr_Breen,

change in stbof.ini 3D=3DFX to 3D=DIRECT3D or 3D=SOFTWARE see if that helps.

also as last resort you can restore all the mpr files by removing the .ori from backup files but must delete newer files first.

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siggi
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by siggi »

@Dr. Breen

If I should make a guess, I'd suppose your friend is using a Nvidia Geforce 8800 or another card using a related chip set.

For reasons unknown 3d graphics will not be correctly displayed with these cards. The only chance of correcting it is trying different options for the 3D setting in stbof.ini. If SOFTWARE doesn't help, you can also try HARDWARE and DIRECT3D, even though I doubt the latter will help.

Sorry to anyone facing similar problems, but this is beyond our skill to change... :(

Cheers,
Siggi
...of course, this was also true at the Birth of the Federation...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2718319/cd23df1/sharing.html

Return to “Modding Information Archive”