Only Basic shipyards buildable on colonies

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

xDx
Commander
Commander

Re: Only Basic shipyards buildable on colonies

Post by xDx »

I'm sorry to bring this topic back up but I was adding some structures to my UDM4 mod and I went to run a test and discovered that no shipyards were available to build for any major empire not even the basic shipyard, with the exception of the Cardassian shipyard, it is available on all systems to build! :( I am using UE v7.0k and moved the shipyards back to their vanilla indexes and reset the starting tech conditions but still nothing. I also tried UE 7.2 dev3a I thought Dcer said he added more structures to the buildset.bin and empireinfo files but when i tried moving the building indexes back to vanilla spot and saved it gave an "error: duplicate buildset5.bin." The I tried saving again and it stated could not erase stbof.temp lol! So bascially I am using 7.0K to try and fix this but not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone has advise on this would be greatly appreciated. :)
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

What version of UE did you use initially?

by the looks of it you shouldn't have moved the shipyards :( -- It looks to me as if you'll need to restore a back-up;
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I initially used 7.0k to add the buildings which caused the shipyards to move out of their vanilla indexes (I have that backup after new buildings were added). I then used dev3a to move them back into vanilla spots. I'm not sure what good my backup before moving the shipyards will do as the problem existed after adding the new buildings. I do have a older backup but that was before a lot of stat changes were done as well :\... Please be gentle as I fear the response to this post :(
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hi xDx,

in the dev version under stbof.res->Edit->Buildings->Building stats there's two additional edit screens when you cycle through them. There you have the option to set ids in trek.exe. Select the shipyards one by one and mark them as shipyards. This should fix it. Each empire can have only one shipyard setup this way.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

DCER.... wow thank you something so simple and I missed it (I think it might be time for bed for me lol). That definitely worked :oops:

Peter1981 wrote:
by the looks of it you shouldn't have moved the shipyards :( -- It looks to me as if you'll need to restore a back-up;
I think I would have cried and shit myself (not necessarily in that order) if I had to redo those stat changes. 8O :) j/k of course
Thanks again both of you for the quick responses.

Return to “General Chat Archive”