Star Trek XII shall we discuss?

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Star Trek XII shall we discuss?

Post by KrazeeXXL »

indeed, the engine room didn't fit to the rest of the ship in any way. The bridge on the other side looked as they had to pay apple @patents...
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

KrazeeXXL wrote:indeed, the engine room didn't fit to the rest of the ship in any way. The bridge on the other side looked as they had to pay apple @patents...
Or maybe Apple payed them a bit? In this day an age where most TV shows and movies, blur out advertising, why give free advertising to Apple now? Unless JJ has an Apple fetish.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

well, it could also be a subtle sort of "screw you, we thought of it first". Star Trek had PADDs long before Steve Jobs managed to build the first iPad.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Way back in the 60's....
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

yep! :D
Mumby
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mumby »

Once Earth and Qo'nos are destroyed within the first hour. Old Spock will invent blue matter and go forward in time to tell younger old spock to actually scan the romulan star for signs of a supernova in years he lives there (to prevent it all from happening). The two work together;instead of evacuting romulus; in true Vulcan fashion they decide to gamble it all; and shoot off several red and blue matter bombs to stop the supernova. Unfortunately during the planning process they forgot that the romulan star hadn't gone supernova yet and the blue and red matter bombs sends Romulus into the Star Wars universe... Thus creating anew alternate reality...
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

Army37 wrote:Another movie with that butt ugly ship...and I don't like the interior either....then engine room sux
When I saw it in the theaters, I as so mad afterwards. I have such a long list of things I hated about it. The engineering room looked like a water purification plant, the bridge looked like it was decorated in christmas lights, the fact that Chekov is 17 when he was first posted to the Enterprise he was 23 and fresh out of the academy. If anyone has ever played the FASA trek game from the 80s, the character design Cuuriculum says that all entrants are 18 to start, go for 4 years of training, then 6 months of cadet cruise, then 1 more year of advanced training or command school, then they are out for the first tour which can last from 1 year to 5 years. The other thing I hated was that everyone was the same age, uhhh no. McCoy was older than Spock, and Spock was in his 50s, Kirk was 35 when he got command of the Enterprise. Uhura never met kirk until she was posted first year. Carol Marcus was dating Kirk when he was still a lieutenant on the USS Farragut during his second tour of duty. Anyway, the whole Star Trek XI movie pissed me off so much that as far as I am concerned, if someone else doesnt take the reigns and bring Star Trek from the brink of obscurity and dulldrum, Im just gonna start leaving it all behind and focus on Star Wars.
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

marhawkman wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:29 am well, it could also be a subtle sort of "screw you, we thought of it first". Star Trek had PADDs long before Steve Jobs managed to build the first iPad.
According to somebody I know who worked for Apple at the time, the iPAD is entirely a rip-off of PADDs, and the idea to make them came from somebody watching Star Trek and seeing the PADDs and thinking "Hey, we could make that using iPhone technology. How many nerds would love to have something just like the PADDs shown on Star Trek?".
Then they wrote up a proposal that was accepted, and they went about bringing the PADDs out of science fiction and into science fact.

He did show me an e-mail, but I'm afraid I lost it in a hard drive crash on a now non-functional computer (this was a long time ago. I fixed the HD crash, but it later had other hardware failure I didn't bother to fix on a then 12-year-old computer. The computer was from '97).

Return to “General Chat Archive”