Ultimate Editor

Ultimate Editor; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Ultimate Editor

Post by thunderchero »

Thanks DCER

So many new things that would be nice to be added, but I will let you pick them up as you have time.

thunderchero
Tachyonfang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Tachyonfang »

Hi all,
I went to the 4shared page to try and DL the newest UE and couldn't see it in the list. Version 7.2dev4, right? Where is it?
--Tachyonfang
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

Follow the link in the first post, then open the 'dev' folder. It's in there.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Could someone explain what these intel multipliers do?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

As SCT says below "will get its own topic ASAP" so when he has time I am sure it will be explained more then.

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:Hi DCER,

I just cracked the whole intel mechanics (will get its own topic ASAP). In case you're interested in UE support of intel.bin, here is a preview of its structure and some of the used ingame calculations:

intel.bin

lenght 0x1E0 = 5 blocks 96byte/0x60 per empire card-rom:

(all integer dword):

Code: Select all

+0    base multiplier for espionage attack threshold
+4    base multiplier for sabotage attack threshold
+8    4 bytes * 5 enemy empires(own empire value unused) multiplier for attack threshold
+1C   4 bytes * 5 difficulty level = multiplier for attack threshold
+30h  4 bytes * 8 empsInfo morale labels = security modifier% written to intelInfo+2C
+50h  4 bytes * 4 empsInfo treaty labels = attack threshold modifier written to intelInfo+4C
For 0x0 to 0x2F see sub_47E540:

[+0/+4] * [+8] * 0.01 * [+1C] * 0.01 -> results written to intelInfo [+4/+18]

sub_47DDC0 = check intel attack delay threshold(below) vs. area stockpile points:

(+X now intelInfo addresses)

1+[last area attack turnNumber]% * espionage/sabotage base[+4/+18] * treaty label behavior[+4C]%
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Hi everyone I just updated my java 6 to update 30 and now UE won't open for me. I have tried deleting the run.bat file and using the workaround from an earlier version DCER and captaindusk showed me viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1892 but that did not work either :( I know DCER hasn't been around lately so does anyone have any ideas?
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

May need to reassociate the file type, i think it uses javaw file in the java bin folder (wherever you have java installed). Right clicking UE and 'open with' then navigate to javaw and set as default, should do the trick.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

Sweet! Works beautifully :)
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Hi DCER,

first of all, thanks for implementing intel.bin and the ship weapon animations. I'm sure the kids will be very happy with their toys.

EDIT:
Please have a look at this post:
viewtopic.php?p=33840&sid=4189335e5d805 ... 784#p33840

DCER wrote:EDIT: fixed the index list to add orbital battery index - WARNING - using 8 will throw an error
viewtopic.php?p=4446&sid=98d8006e54902e ... 5453#p4446

I don't know if this info is still up to date or not, but monster indexes by race ID don't include the orbital battery i.e. switch range 0-8 (I added the monster race IDs in your post), only the switches by shiplist.sst ID:
viewtopic.php?p=19062&sid=2ccdd14c6409a ... fa8#p19062

Also I've added the nicely done post about race descriptions (lexicon.dic) by starfleet (IIRC aka daniel) to the modding index.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
conflictsolver
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by conflictsolver »

Ok, so i uploaded some mods and UE editor to my work comp and everything worked fine (XP based)

Tried to do the same at home with my brand new desktop and cannot get the UE to work, uploaded java from the link provided and now have the following message when i tried to open UE with it... Access denied, then another click gives error.log (access is denied).

I am not the greatest with computers and getting mods to work does not go the best so if someone has a step by step (including links if you would be so nice) that would be great.

I do have the BOTF 1.0.2 loaded, and two mods All the Ages and Ultimate Mod 4.

Thanks.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

conflictsolver wrote:Tried to do the same at home with my brand new desktop and cannot get the UE to work, uploaded java from the link provided and now have the following message when i tried to open UE with it... Access denied, then another click gives error.log (access is denied).
try this from 4 posts above
Tethys wrote:May need to reassociate the file type, i think it uses javaw file in the java bin folder (wherever you have java installed). Right clicking UE and 'open with' then navigate to javaw and set as default, should do the trick.
thunderchero
conflictsolver
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by conflictsolver »

Got it working, thanks for the help, and really great work to all who have done the mods and made things easier for some of us non-tech savvy players.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

RE: UE w/.r.t. extened shipname.bin

Post by Peter1981 »

When adding new groups to shipname.bin in UE 0.7.2 dev 5a I have found that if a group is left empty (in my case by mistake) and stbof.res is saved and trek.exe is altered (SCT shipname.bin patch) then UE will throw an error on reload of the shipnames menu.

Might I suggest a dummy entry be put into newly created groups to avoid this.

Regards P'81 :D
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

@SCT:

Thanks, will look into it. From first glance primitive farm group needs to be set differently, there's a morale bonus fix (nice work) and monter id fix. I don't remember what the deal was with the ob id, but if you say it's not included, it's probably not.

@Peter:

This was a bug which is fixed now. shipname.bin got corrupted during save. You'll need to restore it from backup, though if you've done a lot of work on it, I can fix the corrupted file for you manually. The starting header is ignored by UE so it can be all 0's, but it needs to be of the corect size: 252 bytes. The header is the followed by first entry index (00 00) and FF FF then the ship name string. The corrupted file header is not of the correct size. The rest of the file is fine.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

@DCER thanks but I've already restored a back up -- indeed the header looked wrong can't remember if it was that that i fixed or just a back up but thank very much for your responce and your glorious and continued efforts on the ue :)

Return to “Ultimate Editor”