All The Ages Mod: 1.1H Released 11/05/09

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

zenith23
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zenith23 »

now playing my first mod and have chosen this one and must say I'm damned impressed Stardust.
AI seems to expand more aggressively for the all the other races whereas ( i checked using F11). I would find in vanilla one would always end up being the runt of the litter. It's nice to play around with the new ships as well.
Just one question, did the bug fix for being unable to contact minor races that are controlled by a major power get added to your mod or will I have to do some hex editing?!
Picard12
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Picard12 »

This mod is very good but why is the
NX-Class a scout?
In ST-Enterprise the NX is a explorer and cruiser.
A Scout can be the Sarajewo (http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Sarajevo_type)
fallout03
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Raped!

Post by fallout03 »

What am I doing wrong? Soon as I meet romulans my planets get sabotaged almost every turn. I even turned cheats on and put all my man power on all my planets into data banks. Still they would blow up 10 buildings on a planet every turn. Unplayable.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Re: Raped!

Post by Mentat »

fallout03 wrote:What am I doing wrong? Soon as I meet romulans my planets get sabotaged almost every turn. I even turned cheats on and put all my man power on all my planets into data banks. Still they would blow up 10 buildings on a planet every turn. Unplayable.
Well you made a critical error, you met the Romulans. ;)

Now seriously, no matter what race you play, build some intelligence structures and man them before you meet any other race!!! This will create a buffer against intelligence operations of any adversary and buy you some time to build and man more of those structures as soon as you meet another race. And naturally Romulans and Cardassians can be particularly nasty, if your internal security is lacking, ...
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
fallout03
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by fallout03 »

I think there are way too many balance issues that need to be addressed. 1 hit kills are a big issue in space battle. Some of the wandering aliens are just way to powerful especially if you start at tech level 1. I do love the way the mod includes TOS content. Not a big fan of enterprise era though.
zenith23
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zenith23 »

fallout03 wrote:I think there are way too many balance issues that need to be addressed. 1 hit kills are a big issue in space battle. Some of the wandering aliens are just way to powerful especially if you start at tech level 1. I do love the way the mod includes TOS content. Not a big fan of enterprise era though.
switch off random events at the start. IMO they don't add a great deal to gameplay. if you fancy a bit of a challenge later on when you've got some serious tech behind (bare in mind the borg and species 8472 are very nasty blighters) you can turn it on in the ini file.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

fallout03 wrote:I think there are way too many balance issues that need to be addressed. 1 hit kills are a big issue in space battle. Some of the wandering aliens are just way to powerful especially if you start at tech level 1. I do love the way the mod includes TOS content. Not a big fan of enterprise era though.
Ermmm, don't get me wrong fallout03, but if you don't like it, there would be other mods you can play. And if that doesn't do it, why don't you just balance it out for your own needs?

edit: ignore my post, I just saw you made a review on the mod, and handed in some more contructive input.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
gunhead365
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by gunhead365 »

HEy People :)

some things to ask:

why are the Warbirds so hugh ? soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo BIG that the engine dont work anymore and the fleets start inside each other

why are the warbirds ****ed up ? dont shot in stealth mod ?
with lasers/phasers only.. and thats only on ships nearby... sometimes... most no firing at all...

the mod is hard inbalanced .. starfleet is overpowered at all...

searched but not found any senseable answer

sry 4 bad english ^^

freue mich auch über deutsche antworten ;)

edited by admin: due to foal language
Vladimir
Ensign
Ensign

Re: All The Ages Mod: 1.1H Released 11/05/09

Post by Vladimir »

I'm new here, so maybe I am missing something... but I started a game from "1 Enterprise" and the initial ship range at propulsion 1 is 1/2/4, but the tech menu says it should be 1/2/5 which didn't sound right either - how would long range be 2 1/2 times medium... so I figured maybe it was meant to say 1/2/4 (ie: a typo)... When tech'ing to the next level to propulsion 2 it says ship range should be 1/3/5 which seems like it would balance it out some, and based on the level 1 saying 1/2/5 but in reality being 1/2/4 I was actually expecting to see 1/3/4 when I hit level 2; only to find it went to 1/2/5 instead. Now this really doesn't make sense (Back to long range being 2 1/2 times medium). All your medium range ships are trapped to 2 spaces from home (barring outpost/shipyard of course...) until you hit propulsion 4 or 5 then? I think there has been an overlook here somewhere (at the least, all the ship ranges listed in the propulsion tech menu seem incorrect), unless like I said I am missing something. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Vladimir,

this mod is no longer being supported by updates or patches to content of mod.

but if you open the trek.exe with UE those values can be edited

good luck

thunderchero
Vladimir
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Vladimir »

Thanks for your speedy reply, unfortunately I went to bed right after I posted. Thanks for the info. What are the most popular/supported/used mods right now then?
ShiningDragon
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ShiningDragon »

thunderchero wrote:Hi Vladimir,

this mod is no longer being supported by updates or patches to content of mod.
Oh well, sorry to read this. This mod is my absolutely favourite one, i play it over and over and over every day and it has a really nasty bug: Everytime my empire reaches tech level 10, it crashes. Uninteresting which race i play.

Really sorry to read this statement. :( The mod itself is just great and makes a lot of fun. Especially with the 1024x768 modification and mpr++ 0.25 (but even without those aam still crashes at reaching tech level 10).

Btw., perhaps anyone knows this bug and has any workaround for this?
Tribble
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Tribble »

I enjoy this Mod very much but unfortunately my game crashes every time i reach tech level 10 in research ( doesnt matter wich of the six techs).
I reached turn 361 with the Federation and want the defiant class so much

Any tips for solving this Problem ?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I think this has been reported before? but it could be anything causing error and since this mod is no longer supported by developer not much can be done about this error.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

I see that this mod is currently unsupported, but I came to post a crash log and so I shall!
ST:BOF Sun Mar 1 18:07:56 2020

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\objview.cpp, Line: 441, obj->handle != I3D_INVALID_HANDLE
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1583085555
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
I'm fairly certain it is related to the screen saver, I'll read more when my data resets and see if I can pinpoint the issue.

Return to “All The Ages Mod”