Immobilizing major races

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Immobilizing major races

Post by Transwarp »

I know that it is not possible to prevent a major race played by the AI from appearing in a game, so you always end up with yourself the player facing 4 major races by the AI. But is there a way using the UE to somehow modify any stats/values/starting conditions or whatever to at least prevent a race from advancing, i mean to somehow immobilize it so that its forced to stay in its home system? So it would seem as if there were only the player and 3 major races played by the AI.
And if there are possibilities, which one is the easiest to do?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

Transwarp
Transwarp and ...

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. Your biological and technological destinctiveness will be added to our own. From this time forward you will service us.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Immobilizing major races

Post by thunderchero »

Transwarp wrote:I know that it is not possible to prevent a major race played by the AI from appearing in a game
I just did a quick test and yes you can kinda prevent a race from being part of the game.

first
you would need to adjust each starting population of the race or races you do not want in the game to "0"

next
add the code for Custom starting systems for each empire (meprvnum.bin fix)
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=629&p=24351&sid=575 ... d24#p24351
and set each starting for that race to only have home system.

But this will have 2 side effect on turn 1 the race will have ships over home planet. but next turn you will get message "it will be a long day to remember ******** has fallen and ships will be removed from map.

Note I did not test what would happen if that race selected by human player.

thunderchero
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

Thank you thunderchero, i will try that out and report back after testing a little bit.

Thanks a lot!

Transwarp
Transwarp and ...

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. Your biological and technological destinctiveness will be added to our own. From this time forward you will service us.
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

Omg, just realized that the required modifications are a bit beyond me, i am a noob at IT.
I can handle UE but thats it. Maybe i find a solution using just ue and if anybody has an idea that would be great.
Sorry thuderchero for your efforts and my incompetence.

Transwarp
Transwarp and ...

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

UE will edit the population you just need to open the trek.exe instead of stbof.res.

that would work without other changes for tech 1, tech 2 and tech 3 starts. but since tech 4 and tech 5 have extra systems they would survive. (unless you are editing some mods)

thunderchero
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

Thanks, that will do the job, tech 1,2,3 for me is fine as i always start a game at tech 1.
Because when i reach tech 3 i am usually far more advanced than if i had started at tech level 3.

Transwarp
Transwarp and ...

adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

or you could start the game at a higher tech level and make the race you want to immobile start at tech 1. It won't be long before it vanishes :)
Thunderchild
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Thunderchild »

Why not setting each ship of the ai to speed 0? This way the ai can't leave their homesystem.

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”