Bajorans - Edo

General Modding Information/Questions; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Forum rules
:idea: Please search before starting new topic. :idea:
There is a good chance it has already been asked.
meslinjf
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Bajorans - Edo

Post by meslinjf »

Hi,

I'm trying to make the switch between the Edo race and the Bajorans, turning the Edo Guardian into Terok Nor. I'm using the UE but there are still a couple of details that bother me.

1. How do I change the sound file for when you discover the minor race? I still get that voice telling me about the Edo right after I discovered the Bajorans.

2. In the pre-fight screen, I still get Edo Guardian as the ship I am about to encounter. (I've changed the name to Terok Nor and Cardassian Starbase in the Ships Stats section of UE).

I know it's already been made in a couple of mods, so is there anyone who can help me with these details?

Thanks!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Bajorans - Edo

Post by Tethys »

You need to open the english.snd file and extract the Bajoran and Edo's greetings and switch them around (rename the bajoran to edo and vice versa, there are 5 instances you need to change, so you should have a total of 10 sound files) and reimport them in the game (Other Files page), then you need to set the Edo guardian model (via Ship Stats) to use the Cardassian Starbase model (dropdown box under the picture in Ship Stats). Once you do those things, you should be all set. There also may be some Lexicon you need to change as well. Hope you get it!
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
meslinjf
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by meslinjf »

The lexicon is one of the things I'm having a problem with. The starbase model is fine and I've changed its name in Ship Stats, but I still get "Edo Guardian" in the pre-fight window.

Where would the lexicon be so I can change it?
meslinjf
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by meslinjf »

Oh, Never mind. I just realised the Lexicon was in the UE. Now I just need to open the english.snd and change sound files.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “General Modding Information/Questions”