(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

adi
Commander
Commander

Re: (Updated) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dc

Post by adi »

jinks67 wrote:
Recently I've decided to do a complete and thorough overhaul of the ship stats to alter how combat plays out. Seemed like a great idea at the time, however I'm now knee deep in a giant spreadsheet that makes my head explode!
Went through the same thing. So i came up with this spreadsheet, that is a bit more friendly:
http://www.4shared.com/file/dtli548x/Sh ... or_11.html hope it helps you.

I only used it and tested it for UDM but the factions are not hard-coded but taken from the html ship list so it should work for other mods too.
jinks67
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by jinks67 »

thunderchero wrote: ship to ship intial distance increased from 450.0 to 900.0

Starbase Combat Distance increased from 1.634 to 3.0 (analysis incomplete yet on how this value is used!)
Perfect, thank you!
jinks67
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by jinks67 »

adi wrote: Went through the same thing. So i came up with this spreadsheet, that is a bit more friendly:
http://www.4shared.com/file/dtli548x/Sh ... or_11.html hope it helps you.

I only used it and tested it for UDM but the factions are not hard-coded but taken from the html ship list so it should work for other mods too.
I can't seem to get it, I just keep getting some kind of installer from that website :(
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

jinks67 wrote:I can't seem to get it, I just keep getting some kind of installer from that website
click "download" link next to link for "share with friends" then on new page click "free download" below wait time 20 seconds

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:
click "download" link next to link for "share with friends" then on new page click "free download" below wait time 20 seconds

thunderchero
Yes that's the way, ignore the other fake download buttons; but still i think you would need an account on 4shared and to be logged in. I am new to this site but it is a good way to share stuff.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:
Kakaru wrote:Now, why do fights when I have cloaked ships start with them on top of the enemy? They also don't seem to do any damage on the first round, which basically means they're useless.
this is an MPR++ only problem (not caused by mpr++ but a special code I added when mpr++ is installed)

to fix you would need to hex edit

at 0x00182b24 change 00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F -> 33 33 33 33 33 33 C3 3F

and

at 0x00182c04 change 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 40 -> 00 00 00 00 00 00 F8 3F

thunderchero

Code: Select all

>> 0x00182b24   33 33 33 33 33 33 C3 3F
<< 0x00182b24   00 00 00 00 00 00 F0 3F
>> 0x00182c04   00 00 00 00 00 00 F8 3F
<< 0x00182c04   00 00 00 00 00 00 08 40
i tried this in a patch file for QD's patcher, but it did not work; did I got them the other way around? ">>" means put this in at "install" or at "remove"?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

did you try doing the opposite?

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

i am at work now but i will, once i get my hands on botf again; the fact was that i was playing feds and my neighbors were the dominion and the cardies; by the time i met the romulans and saw it did not work it was well past my bet time :)
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

TC, I switch the data for the distance patche (actually i "removed" the patch and that did it) and I think it worked; i must have had about 10 battles with cloacked ships since and no more cloaked ships on top of their enemies.
Also i think the initial battle distance is smaller with MPR++0.2.6 than in the original UDM3.0.1dc; with the same ship stats i have never been able to take down a starbase in the first round; barely scratch it because the ships were out of range. Now if i have enough firepower the starbase is destroyed in the first turn. Also in normal battles after the first round the front ships are around the enemies. I think i likes a little more distance better.
exceL
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by exceL »

Hi Thunderchero,

Just started playing this mod again after a while and I must say I miss it haha (though I can't seem to get the game to run in a window in windows 7...)

Anyways, I noticed that the combat distances between fleets have significantly increased since I've last played. Is there a way to modify this to decrease the overall combat radius? I searched a little bit and looked into editing the HOB files but there are so many files and I have no idea where/how to begin....I had assumed it would just be one number to change, sort of acting like a multiplier?

Any help is appreciated :)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

exceL wrote:Is there a way to modify this to decrease the overall combat radius?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93&p=16235&sid=5899 ... 4a5#p16235

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile so here we go

UDM 3.0.1 dd

Changes for version dd
Shipstats were changed slightly for destroyers
minors ship upgrades tech required decreased
ship distance corrected
colony ships now place your current tech level buildings and all type buildings.
disabled "buy" conformation message 
I am sure I forgot somethings so let me know what you find :grin:

BTW it is still compatible with mpr++ demo and 1024 patches

with stats changes saved games are not compatible.

enjoy

thunderchero
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Re: (Updated 10-28-13) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dd

Post by mrspork »

Hey thundercheerios,

My pc says your download is not commonly used and is not signed by you and recommends I delete it. ( windows smartscreen filter )

Whip up some cornsryup magic on this so its a more complete part of my gaming breakfast ok mr. cheerios?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

comeon, what's so much fun buggin' the modders?
also forget about that smart screen crap, it's nothing smart, it just calls a microsoft server for what you're downloading/installing and checks the software-certificates you can buy.
Sure it reduces vulnerability but forcing developrs to buy certificates and spend effort to integrate these and then again troubling with each update and modification and also keeps ms up to date with what software you install. No thanks. :P
better get a decent virus protection and check for trustful software yourself, also check exe / suspicious files with http://www.virustotal.com if you want
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

Top of the art TC! Some minor things for a future update.. Fed new systems start with 1 university according to tech level (T3-lvl5.. etc) the other major races new systems start with no research.. and must build research building from lvl 1 no matter of T. This, i think (i did not manage to play Fed yet with this new patch) give a very big research advantage to fed(they where the best anyway in research) and could make a big difference in the balance of the game. Also for the scouts hp there was a change? rom and dom scouts have now same hp, is easy win for 1v1 scouts combat for romulans.
Cover me Porkins!

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”