New Layout Feedback

Important info on site change.

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

Re: New Layout Feedback

Post by pal28 »

Hi i like the changes no more code entering when u log in. But the white color is too bright so i prefer dark colour on the old system there was an option to change theme i hope you guys will still have that there
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

On the forum you may change to the dark theme in "User Control Panel". The site, itself, uses a white background.

As stated a lot of factors come into play with colors including lighting conditions in the room, your monitor quality, and your monitor's settings. We opted for a white background on the site following the lead of sites with loads of information like Amazon, Facebook, Google, WebMD, Tigerdirect, etc, etc, etc. We realize not everyone will agree but it is what it is.

As for the errors there seems to be very little and most seem to be cookie related short of the image issue which will be worked on shortly. I also want to point out there are still two systems. PHPBB for forums (Armada and BOTF) and Wordpress. The search function will ONLY search that specific system so Search on this forum will only search BOTF forum, while the Search on Armada will only search Armada forum, and the Search on site will only search site. This is probably clear but for the record there you go.

Feel free to keep providing feedback; the pros and cons. TC and I will take all ideas into consideration but, obviously, can make no promises. Still it helps to hear from the community as we aren't mind readers. :-)
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

I like this new look; especially after i changed it to dark version :wink:
A nice feature would be more indication of which topics contain unread posts; i saw you can hover the mouse over the star-fleet insignia and it tells you, there is also some different colors of the star-fleet insignia but not clear enough for me.
The read post have yellow insignia and the unread ones have a bit brighter yellow one. Maybe more differentiation in the colors. Or maybe like before with a different color in the topic title.
Zwerchfell
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Zwerchfell »

Sehr gelungen das neue Board,gute Arbeit...TOP Leistung. :grin:
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

Is there going to be any connection between usernames between the Armada part and the BotF part or are they going to remain separate log ins? I never bought Armada so I never signed up on that side.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

They run off separate databases and we have no immediate plans to integrate them. Since both communities have been growing in separate environments and different people can own the same username it creates an issue for automatically sharing user account information.

It was discussed but again there is user fragmentation, so who gets to own an username when two people claim it?

Jeremy
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I hope some time there is a single login for site and all forums, too. :up:
Just give precedence to the botf community! :lol:
For armada people on conflict rename them to nick_armada and whenever someone complains this can be solved by admin. There are so few people active on armada anyway...

But I'm very happy I finally can change my email address and finally get rid of the one I registered with as lately I'm getting flooded by spam more and more on that address! :D
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone

I have moved this topic to Admin TO-DO Forum

we can also start new topics here for suggestions about site

thunderchero
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Flocke wrote:I hope some time there is a single login for site and all forums, too. :up:
Just give precedence to the botf community! :lol:
For armada people on conflict rename them to nick_armada and whenever someone complains this can be solved by admin. There are so few people active on armada anyway...

But I'm very happy I finally can change my email address and finally get rid of the one I registered with as lately I'm getting flooded by spam more and more on that address! :D
True Armada community is FAR less active than our BotF community. Afterall BotF is a better game right? ;-) I couldn't resist.

I do agree BotF community should receive priority over Armada community due to low usage on Armada and something to investigate in the future. :-) Ah that to-do list. Still at least this community is now on a better foundation.

Good deal on getting your email changed.

Jeremy

Return to “Site Information”