Diplomacy Audio Issue

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

alben_42
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Diplomacy Audio Issue

Post by alben_42 »

I'm playing the most current version of UDMIII on a large map. I am around 200 turns or so into the game and I am no longer receiving diplomacy notifications. There is no audio when another race offers a treaty or declines one of my offers. I tried searching the site to see if anyone else has also experienced this but I could not find any similar posts. I have tried restarting the game and shutting down completely. Nothing seems to fix it.

Here are the settings for my game.

CDPATH=C:\botf\UDML\
HDPATH=C:\botf\UDML\
CURRENTGAME=0
LANGUAGE=ENGLISH
VICTORY=KILLALL
INSTALL=MAXIMUM
3D=SOFTWARE
TACTICAL=DETAILED
SOUNDON=ON
BORG=OFF
MOVIEON=ON
AUTOSAVE=ON
TOOLTIPS=OFF
RANDOMEVENTS=OFF
TURNSTATUS=OFF
TIMELIMIT=0
TACTIMELIMIT=0
SHAPE=0
SIZE=2
RACENUM=3
DIFFICULTY=3
CIVLEVEL1=0
CIVLEVEL2=0
CIVLEVEL3=0
CIVLEVEL4=0
CIVLEVEL5=0
ECONFILTER=23
EVENTFILTER=177
MILITARYFILTER=19
MUSICVOLUME=69
FXVOLUME=69
VIDEOVOLUME=69
VOICEVOLUME=69
SCREENVOLATILE=NO
DIRECT X NOT INSTALLED BY BOF
STARTINGSEED=1399749214
Version=UDML3.0the Cardassian Union
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Diplomacy Audio Issue

Post by KrazeeXXL »

problem is the ui and how it handles inputs. a couple of clicks too fast on the sliders (esp F4-research menu) or during micromanagement in F2 menu and the sound gets choppy and later disappears altogether.

I know F5 menu sound bugs but usually they just crash the game altogether.

what you can do:

deactivate sfx ingame. use the slider where you can adjust the volume and turn it to the left until sound is off. than right, to turn it on again. repeat - play the game - repeat. sometimes it starts working again after a couple of turns.

if nothing helps, a cold start should do the trick.

gl
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

I've noticed this too; to me it seams it does not play the transforming or diplomacy or intel event sound clips when there is something else in the events like member-ing someone and/or tech breakthrough.
exceL
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by exceL »

Sorry for a bump, but in addition to the previous issue, my notifications screen disappear altogether. In fact, after a turn, despite 2 races signing a peace treaty, a building gets blown up from sabotage, or a tech upgrade, none of these screens show up anymore. The summary menu will fail to show up too. The only popup/notification (this ranges from a colony being conquered to a planet completing teraforming) is the battle combat menu now.

This issue seems slightly more common with the Dominion race though. Anyone else experience this and have any insight on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Return to “General Chat”