Tournament Round 2

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Pigman wrote:JBL Said
False....lol ....you mean "he's dead Jim"...!!!!!
Which whilst not said countless times, it was said an awful lot

Anyone care to watch TOS and all films McCoy & Kirk were in to count them up?

BTW JBL, I would have thought that with your encyclopaedic knowledge of TOS you would have known the exact number! :?

Pigman
I meant false as in he said "hes dead jim" not "he died Jim" as Moskka stated. Of course he said it loads of times!! I was teasing the english of moskka......

Why you getting out your pram anyway you "wesleyhater.." :wink: :wink:

14!!

JBL

:P
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

JBL

Chill man...

I realised the first time you were teasing Moskka's english :roll:

Like I said, I thought you would have quoted the exact number of times he said it in your first post!

BTW, I'm not a "Wesleyhater..", hate is a strong word to use for anyone, but I do find the character most irritating (there is a big difference)

Thanks for supplying the number, I trust this doesn't include the times he just said "he's dead" or other phrases not quite the same as "he's dead Jim"?

p.s. I've been out of my pram for a long time :D but some would say I'm always getting out of it!!

Pigman
:)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

OK Chris and I are about to kick of the tourny final.
Thx for all best wishes :)

going into warzone just as soon as i finish this piece of cheese :D

squeak :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

fight! fight! Fight! :lol: anyone else remember that in the playgorund? a fight kicks off and before you know it you have a scrum of peeps around you chanting away *rolling eyes*

good luck to you both :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Pigman wrote:JBL

Chill man...

I realised the first time you were teasing Moskka's english :roll:

Like I said, I thought you would have quoted the exact number of times he said it in your first post!

BTW, I'm not a "Wesleyhater..", hate is a strong word to use for anyone, but I do find the character most irritating (there is a big difference)

Thanks for supplying the number, I trust this doesn't include the times he just said "he's dead" or other phrases not quite the same as "he's dead Jim"?

p.s. I've been out of my pram for a long time :D but some would say I'm always getting out of it!!

Pigman
:)
I thought it was rather funny having all will weaton fans round on you somewhat ....ha ha ha... :lol:

Never fear on here though all i do is really jest anyway........... :wink:

as for the other types and variations did you mean something like this...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQwHwP0 ... re=related

Anyway while we wait for the tourney to finish.....
let me draw some attention to the forgotten men who brought sucess to the star trek original series.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6JVbHi ... re=related

all hail the forgotten men in red.....we salute you... :P
[bonk!]
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

JBL said
I thought it was rather funny having all will weaton fans round on you somewhat ....ha ha ha...
I didn't know Wil Wheaton had any fans, not at least in his Crusher guise

I must confess I was surprised by vehement responses especially as the most vitriolic comments about Crusher didn't come from me!

I just watched the 2 youtubes you posted yesterday along with a whole range of others....very funny and just makes you want to watch it all again

Now back on topic

Hope the final's a classic and would love to be able to have some kind of spectator capability....carcher & RSE_Chris, may the best life form win......and yes...FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!!

Pigman
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

What can I say..

That was definitely a worthy enough game to be called a final. Carcher didn’t just play fantastically, he nearly won it. I may be the tournament champion now by title, but Carcher is the true champion, having become so good in just a few months, I was given a good run for my money and I’m sure he will catch me out soon enough.

Cheers Carcher, and glory to RSE. :)
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hard Luck carcher and well done RSE_Chris

Roll on season 2

Maybe you won't be champ for long!

Regards

Pigman
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

:) Well , season one is over.... what can i say?....

First of all, congrats to RSE Chris, a worthy winner and ,more importantly,a good winner.
Secondly , sorry to the AFC guys JBL, Mosska ,Verbal but most of all Stardust :cry:(sorry mate) but it was a great game :)
I'm gonna hit the sack soon ( 11.40pm) so I'll post the full story tomorrow
but it was a good final, pity it was;nt on sky sports :cry
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

congrats RSE_Chris,

Now will you be able to hold your crown though season 2?

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

as the Klingons say 'It was a glorious battle' and that's what matters most.

i look forward to the write up guys :D

My 4shared folder
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

Well then ,here's my side.
I chose the klings and Chris picked the cardies,we both had crappy second systems(t4 dont forget). My home system was just left of centre -yeah ,I know what your thinking :roll: i thought the same-it soon transpired that the feds were top left and roms bottom left but as things panned out,I got along very well with my galactic neighbours , at least for the first three quarter's of the game.
I spent the first few turns building and buying scout ships and then sent them on moral boosting missions against my neighbours before accepting peace treaties from them.
Around turn 20( I think) i met the fergs,who were centre right and not long after the cardies tucked away in the bottom right corner and at war with the fergs.Cardie intel was knocking on my door but as yet nothing serious,I had peace treaties with everyone else and about this time i accepted a friendship from the roms.
I noticed the cards had gone from 5 systems to 4 so it looked like Chris was having a hard time of it against the fergs.I built an oupost to get me within range of cardassia and saw.......one yes O.N.E. destroyer.HA HA
I thought "I've played Chris before, I'm not falling for the old "lone destroyer trick" I'm not stupid"...WRONG WRONG WRONG decision.We spoke after the game and that was all he had after a battle with the fergs
8O 8O 8O I missed a golden oppurtunity to win the game :cry: :cry:
So I built as many ships as poss till i was well in the red, then it was
"s*** or bust time and went to bomb cardassia .....and discovered he'd been building orbital batteries ,after 3 turns( i think) I gave this up as a bad job and took the tiny remainder of my fleet to a smaller system next door-give me fed crusiers for planatery bombardment any time.and thats whare he got me.
I really dont remember how many ships were involved but no klingon ships came out of it.So that was basically it.I struggled on a few more turns
also by now cardie intel was doing some real damage the roms declared war on me the feds likewise.
I could have built orbital 's all night and Chris could have spent all night
building ships to bomb me,so at turn 95(?) I bowed to the inevitable and ran up the white flag.
I really enjoyed the game , would'nt have missed it for anything.
Congrats again Chris,
Cheers .Carcher
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Yep, was an interesting, and rather worrying game at times. I'll try explain my side as well as I can remember it.

I started out next to Ferg, whom managed to build 2 War Cruisers, and about 15 Light cruiser 2's very quickly and came to invade my system, against my 1 cruiser and 14 destroyer 1's. I won the battle, but only had 2 ships left. 1 vet cruiser, and 1 vet destroyer, this is when Carcher could have attacked me.

After dealing with the fergs, I started building Destroyers again from scratch, then Fergs turned up with another 7 War cruisers! I decided to not fight them for now, and let them take my small system that they wanted, after that they retreated back to their own space.

Meanwhile, after building 15 Destroyers 1's, Carcher came and sat on my homeworld with 11 Battle Cruisers, and 9 Scouts. I had to retreat in order to upgrade (which was 10 turns away) and build lots of orbs on my capital. My only chance, was for Carcher to bomb my system, which I dont think he realised was the plan, and he did. After about 4 turns worth of bombing, his 11 BC's and 9 Scouts were reduced to 3 BC's and about 2 scouts, victims of the orbital batteries.

I sent my D1's off toward his outpost to force him to pull back out of my space, then I hid for a few turns and upgraded. He then realised, and went to bomb my other system which his 3 Bc's, 2 scouts, and now 6 destroyer 2's.

On the same turn he was about to bomb my other system, I then engaged with my 15 destroyers 2's and won, losing about 3 of my ships. The tide had turned.

I then built a TT, took a ferg colony to get range on his home system and sent my destroyers to finish him off as he was building D2's again (about 7 this time) but all my d2's were verterans, so it was quite a swift battle.

Klings then conceded, after a very challenging game.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

the klingon's perennial weakness to orbitals...the one thing that put me off using them in my battle, and Carcher swiftly made me regret it :lol:

Tell you what Carcher if i were you and found out you could have gone in when you thought it might have been a trick i'd kick the cat (glad we haven't got a cat) Ah well it can't be helped though.

well it definitely sounded like a gripping game, hat's off to the both of you :D

My 4shared folder
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Hey tourneyboy..... (takes off his gloves and wacks RSEChris in the chops)... I challenge ye......

JBL
[bonk!]

Return to “Multiplayer Games”