Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v2.1 (New Release 5/5/14)

Post by Flocke »

despite I'm really busy atm I keep working on the plugin system. the basics are mostly done and once it's complete lots will change with mod patch and plugin install procedures also for mpr++
afterwards I'll port mpr++, upgrade to latest ogre and cegui and fix at least some of the worst bugs and replace the star background
when you guys are ok with that I'd prefer to wait on the upgrade or you make it a private test installer based on the old version ;)
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Well that is exciting! I look forward to it. Thanks Flocke. :smile:
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:And since plugging in models from another MPR++ mod requires carefull manipulations of *.xml files and careful naming of the imported model in the ship list(to match the xml), is it possible to have with each MPR++ suported mod all the MPR++ models in the ship list; even if some of those will not be used in all mods; then adding a model will be just as easy as before MPR++; just pick it from UE.
adding/editing ships will not be easy until MPR++ get a major update to control phasers. We will have to be patient until Flocke has more time.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

I was not talking about adding new ships as soon as someone comes out with a new model; instead since MPR++ supports let's say 5 mods, have a list with all the ships from all those mods and give that ship list to every mod; so if someone wants to add the 3 nacelles Galaxy-X from vanilla into UDM3 just go to UE and pick it from the hob list; otherwise someone needs to add it to the list and name it as in the hobmappings.xml and also edit the current mod xml.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

we are getting very off topic here.....

but problem is the hob files (mpr++ uses them as place holders for phasers) not only would mods have to have hundreds of un-needed files (tga and hobs) you would have a major file name prefix conflicts. every mod uses different ship model prefix for the exact same model. this is already causing problems within mpr++ sorting them all out. After that you still have the problem of scale.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

yeah that's a bit problematic for now but I'm sure we'll find a solution for this too
but now plz back to topic :)
nazz
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by nazz »

Thanks for all your work on this. I really love a good BOTF game on occasion, and you guys keep this game alive! :up: for the best Star Trek game there is!
an0nemus
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by an0nemus »

So, a co-worker and I were talking about the games we played growing up...and we talked about this so I had to dust it off and play it again!

I installed the multi installer and ultimate mod 5...I like the addition of the dominion, but it seems like the galaxies are HUGE, with lots of HUGE star systems...but not much in the way of dilithium. I tried setting the galaxy side down to small..and it was still HUGE, bug or am I n00bing this up?

Thanks!
implodinggoat
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by implodinggoat »

Great work on the update guys, just got around to playing it. The ability to construct minor race ships is something I've always wanted.

That said I've got two bugs to report involving minor race ships.

1: Getting in combat with a Xepolite scout crashes the game. I was playing as the Federation and using the Xepolite cloaked scouts for recon; but when I got into a battle with one the game crashed.

2: On the same playthrough as the Federation I got the Tamarians to join me; but I was unable to build their ships although this may have had something to do with the fact that I got them to join me very early on (before they'd built any ships of their own).

Aside from that its a great improvement. Once again, thanks for all the hard work.

Addendum: I reloaded the save with the Tamarians later in the game and found I was able to build their ships. Perhaps I simply lacked the tech requirements needed to build their ships.
Last edited by implodinggoat on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
implodinggoat
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by implodinggoat »

an0nemus wrote:So, a co-worker and I were talking about the games we played growing up...and we talked about this so I had to dust it off and play it again!

I installed the multi installer and ultimate mod 5...I like the addition of the dominion, but it seems like the galaxies are HUGE, with lots of HUGE star systems...but not much in the way of dilithium. I tried setting the galaxy side down to small..and it was still HUGE, bug or am I n00bing this up?

Thanks!
It depends a lot from one map to the next. I've had maps with lots of large solar systems to colonize but relatively little dilithium, ones with lots of dilithium but few large systems to colonize. Since its randomly generated its luck of the draw and it keeps things interesting. On a side note there's an improvement added in called "Particle Fountain" which lets you get 4 dilithium out of a single planet and all the minor races have access to dilithium if you can get them to join you or conquer them.

As for the Galaxy size you can adjust that when you set up the game, if you think its too big then try a small galaxy.
EtraKurdaj
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by EtraKurdaj »

Hello,

I did a google search for this game and found this community. I had played BotF when it was new, but in the decade since have lost the disc, so I was very pleased to download it and play it for free. I even installed the 1.0.2 1366 re-resolution mod to accommodate my larger monitor.

Now, I have downloaded and installed this Ultimate Mod 5 and am very eager to try it out. Starting it up however, the game has returned to it's native 640 resolution. Is there a patch to increase the resolution, or a way to adapt the existing 1366 patch to work with Ultimate Mod 5?

Thank you very much for creating this mod, have a nice day.

Followup: Romulans are my favorite faction to play. I found a spelling error - in the research Object Database description for the Warbird II, it says "resested" when it should be "resisted". However, I would change the entire sentence to "But even against heavy resistance, its powerful shields will ensure veritable invincibility in any engagement."
sepperson
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by sepperson »

Can not get it to run. Says Im missing mss32.dll

How do I fix that, running Windows 7.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

sepperson wrote:Can not get it to run. Says Im missing mss32.dll

How do I fix that, running Windows 7.
you must install "multi installer" first
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/get- ... le_id=1958

thunderchero
implodinggoat
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by implodinggoat »

Dafedz wrote:As I currently have it set up, the Ragnor will replace the current Koronak Heavy cruiser - not to say that I don't like the Koronak, I really do, it's just to give UM5 it's own flavour of ships. A comprehensive shippack will also be available for UM5. As for the other one, the Hideki will take the place of the old scout, and the Luketi will be the new Destroyer.
I really like the design of the Koronak personally. In fact its probably my favorite Cardassian ship.

I might humbly suggest that none of the Cardassian ships upgrade in appearance with tech level as the Federation ships do and that your new Ragnor cruiser design might better serve as a late game replacement for the early game cruiser design (or maybe the Strike Cruiser design) which is a fine design; but looks very old fashioned by the end game or alternatively you could have the Koronak fill that role. I just think the Koronak is a really neat design and I'd prefer not to see it cut.

Likewise your new Destroyer design might serve as a late game upgrade for either the existing destroyer or scout.
doomkiller22
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by doomkiller22 »

Dafedz, does UM5 need something to run? because I've installed it and it wont start up.

Return to “Ultimate Mod”