Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

RedAlertChilli
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Star Trek Supremacy...

Post by RedAlertChilli »

Iceman wrote:That's great!
I have asked Mike about using http://www.startreksupremacy.com but he hasn't answered yet. The site really needs to be updated, and I'm not sure it'll be any time soon.
I guess that if Thunderchero and cleverwise decide to keep this subforum as part of the BotF forum (and not create a forum for Supremacy), your idea is a good alternative. We'd keep this subforum for progress reports and such.
Any of the options sounds good to me.
Thanks!
Yes that website is just a little out of date. :wink: How can I get in touch with Mike to see what he would like to do moving forward? Just want to help keep this project alive with the skills I know best. :grin:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

thunderchero wrote:
Iceman wrote:I have asked Mike about using http://www.startreksupremacy.com but he hasn't answered yet.
I would like to wait to see what mike has to say, :wink: I don't want to start any thing if he has other plans.

thunderchero
Ok. If he answers, I'll let you know. I won't hold my breath though :grin:
He probably doesn't have the time to update the site.

RedAlertChilli wrote:Yes that website is just a little out of date. :wink: How can I get in touch with Mike to see what he would like to do moving forward? Just want to help keep this project alive with the skills I know best. :grin:
PMed you his email.
RedAlertChilli
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by RedAlertChilli »

Thank you IceMan.
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

I hope Mike will answer anyway...on the other hand I don't think he'll deny a new Supremacy forum (as long as he'll get admin access to it if he wants to) ..... 2 years ago he'd allowed me to start Supremacy Wiki
...but it's a shame he doesn't allow anybody to update http://www.startreksupremacy.com/ :sad: thought I offered this to him (well, of course this server runs under his name and so I understand him to give nobody access for it)
[hr]
Flocke wrote:although reg has a small list for the BotF2 fork of Supremacy in the wiki over here (with main difference of expanding minors for now):
http://botf2.square7.ch/wiki/index.php? ... BOTF_II.29
simply collected all data I was able to find...updating is a further step (everybody is allowed to update in Sup Wiki - just contact me for access wiki-supremacy(at)gmx-topmail.de or PM me)

The content of the link above I took from Captain Bashir's Manual ... it's June 2010...4 years ago. As Supremacy is still in development things chances all the time :cool:
[hr]

@Flocke: I removed the MPR-line :-)

@RedAlertChilli: all I can help you :-) thought I want to spend only a few time to Supremacy due to many other sites running
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

EDIT: removed quoting myself :cool:
Last edited by Reginald on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

was that a reserved post reg quoting yourself? :lol:
Iceman wrote:FWIW, AFAICT a good chunk of the framework for diplomacy is already in place, it just isn't hooked into the rest of the game yet - mostly due to missing/incomplete features.
cool, great to hear so :up:
some good diplomacy already improves the game alot. the last time I played I only could declare war or send/demand money I think, oh and order minors to member me
well diplomacy shouldn't be a big thing and is a good chance to improve upon current botf implementation

but there's alot where supremacy already differs from botf and same for the botf2 fork of supremacy and during progress I am sure it'll continue so
given that, the unsteady development and possible future changes it simply makes no sense to put an estimation and the one I've put compared to botf actually is no worth

guess in a month suddenly Mike shows back with some buddys plus the other coders working on it and they are in a rage of enthusiasm to get things done
on the other hand I know from big projects they always tend to start suffering from coding concept issues, library- and programming language limitations as well as gameplay issues at some point and it makes them slow down and possibly requires lots of rework and it only gets worse the more they code
for Supremacy and Botf2 I think the best is to focus on a limited but fully working and stable first major release and I wish some good progress with that :up:
afterwards all the glitter like a 3D combat still can be worked on

if I had more time I'd be happy to help on that but you see I'm not even advancing with my botf projects right now.
on friday I just had some talk with my current main employer I'm booked full time for the next two months, not sure how it goes thereafter.
anyway each day I hope to find some time though and I know some day it'll progress again and that's just like how it progresses with Supremacy and the other fan projects too.
Maddin1701
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Maddin1701 »

Hey guys,
i have downloaded the Supremacy release from yesterday. I've got an Error, as i explored an hailed the Axanar. I don't know, what it means. :oops:
I look forward for some help.
Attachments
Error.txt
(3.33 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Maddin
Your problema has to do with agents, which I re-enabled in this release. Can you tell me what you did exactly?
Thanks!
Maddin1701
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Maddin1701 »

Hey Iceman,
i placed 2 Agents as Enoys to mInor races (these races are members). But i don't know, what to do with the agents either.
1 Agent (Archer) i sent to Vulcans, but he is not arrived in round 48. When i end the turn, then the games crahes.
I hope this will help you. Can i send you the gamesave?
Greets

Edit: When i recall "Gaavrin" from the Pakled, the game crashes immediately.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ah, you're not supposed to assign agents to member races :wink:
The implementation of Agents is still very incomplete, I re-enabled them only to try to address some of the issues. As a pointer, assigning envoys to minor races should improve relations with them - so that they might join you faster :wink:
But like I said, they don't do much yet. They're just pretty :grin:
Maddin1701
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Maddin1701 »

I know that i don't have to use them, but i wanted it :wink:
The idea with the agents is great. I look forward to use them against other Majors :twisted:
in my next game, i don't use them :wink:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's not what I meant. You are not supposed to assign envoys to minors that are already part of your empire, only to independent minors.
Maddin1701
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Maddin1701 »

I know, i just wanted to test where i can use them. Then i had forgotten to recall them back.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I've fixed some issues related to agents, namely the ability to assign them to member and subjugated minors. It still needs a bit more of work though, I'll have another go at it this weekend.
I've also fixed a few retreat related issues, added some bells and whistles to the Colonies screen, fixed a few smallish bugs, and some other stuff I can't recall right now.
Just letting everyone know that progress is being made, although somewhat slow.
DarExc
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DarExc »

Awesome, glad to hear it! Thanks for your efforts!

Return to “Supremacy”