(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: (Updated 4-2-14) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dda

Post by robertbc73 »

So 25 orbitals is a good number to have?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

this all depends on attacking fleet 1 orbital may be enough.
but if you are being attacked by 100's of ships you would need 100's of orbitals

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:this all depends on attacking fleet 1 orbital may be enough.
but if you are being attacked by 100's of ships you would need 100's of orbitals

thunderchero
you would think so but it is way more funky, or fuzzy, or something else...

I had the Orions membered; Klingons attacked with maybe 25-30 ships; most scouts and destroyers (it was early in the game) and 3(THREE) TTs; so i powered up all 17-20 Orbitals, bunker newtwork, bunker training, planetary shields. They conquered the Orions with no loss;
System had maybe 5000 ground defense; one TT had maybe 900 ground attack; so the TTs should not have been enough;
Scouts and destroyers should have been taken down by orbitals; at least some;
To be fair, i had a tech handicap and i noticed that orbitals seem to gain power with more tech and i was playing on impossible;

If I was to take the same system without loss, i would have needed at least as many cruisers as orbitals, and 12-15 TTs;

So from my play experience, don't bother building orbitals; they don't do much against an attacking fleet. if I get attacked and i have some on the system, i'll power them up, but i never build them on purpose; unless you have a tech advantage, they are not useful; but if you have a tech advantage, usually you are the one doing the conquering.
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

Thank you for the feedback on the orbital batteries.

Another question.

If a minor race is a member, of say the dominion, they worship you (bar is full), and you bribe them with max money and they refuse to break with the dominion. Does that mean they will NEVER break with the dominion or is it just a roll of the dice and keep trying?

Thank you.
Kosh from Babylon 5
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

robertbc73 wrote: Does that mean they will NEVER break with the dominion or is it just a roll of the dice and keep trying?
depends on how bad you want to member them. but in my experience once you are able to bribe them, next turn they just go right back to original race. The only other thing would be to start a propaganda campaign but this is very hit and miss since you can not direct espionage.

so to sum up, it is best to just to subjugate the minor and kill the dominion :evil:

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote: so i powered up all 17-20 Orbitals, bunker newtwork, bunker training, planetary shields. They conquered the Orions with no loss;
I have no proof nor have I tested any, but I wonder if the longer you have them powered the more effective them become?

SCT posted about intel if unused will store intel point (until needed) and is more effective when used.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote: I have no proof nor have I tested any, but I wonder if the longer you have them powered the more effective them become?

SCT posted about intel if unused will store intel point (until needed) and is more effective when used.

thunderchero
Yeah, i read about the intel buffer build-up; could be the same for the orbitals but i rather think the attacker had some bonuses from tech advantage and me playing on impossible.

As to bribing, once you get the minor at full bar, keep gifting them for several more turns; you won't gain any more favor but their favor with their current ally goes down a little; so after several more turns when you ask them and they accept your bribe, you have a worship advantage versus the other major. Once they accept your bribe ask them for affiliation with full gift.
That's how i do it; but thunder is right, subjugating is less of a pain in the @$$; even with the morale penalty
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

When it says Cardasians work well in numbers, about what number are we talking? A full stack (9) of ships or multiple stacks (of 9) of ships?
Kosh from Babylon 5
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

robertbc73 wrote:When it says Cardasians work well in numbers, about what number are we talking? A full stack (9) of ships or multiple stacks (of 9) of ships?
it's just star trek bla, bla, bla; but you got the jest; there is some truth in it; more ships always work better than less. :up:
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

Concerning the Cardassians:

Why is the Galore Class Cruiser listed on the build list as a Battleship?

Why does the Galore Class Cruiser have Photon Torpedoes and not Quantum Torpedoes?

Anyone else notice the file Trek.EXE crashes A LOT less playing the Cardassians? >.>
Kosh from Babylon 5
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

It would be nice to be able to have random events on but the rate of climate changes and natural disasters turned down. I miss the Borg but playing on a large map I can't play with random events on. It soon becomes, easily, every 10 turns a planet's climate gets changed (not that bad) or a natural disaster happens (cool if occasionally but not every 10ish turns) that seems to always target all the factories first. I don't know if you can do anything about it but just something that seemed skewed to me.

To the early topic of winning over another members race: No subjugation isn't better. Bombing the planet clean is better. At least then you won't be working with a permanent 100(ish)% moral penalty, which makes any kind of production for that system handicapped. Which makes a race like the Benzites useless and greatly reduces the benefit of a large system. Yes you can use it for espionage or research but for some minor races that's just a waste. As much as I LOVE the Cardassians, it's just not worth subjugating 99% of the time. (I miss Forced labor farms and mining prisons, those ALMOST made it worth while.)
Kosh from Babylon 5
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

robertbc73 wrote:Why is the Galore Class Cruiser listed on the build list as a Battleship?
the original code by SCT for the "Command" ships to allow selecting single ships required an early command ship and it was the best candidate. but since then that requirement has been removed.
robertbc73 wrote:Why does the Galore Class Cruiser have Photon Torpedoes and not Quantum Torpedoes?
weapon labels go by tech levels so since it is an early ship it get the lower label.
robertbc73 wrote:Anyone else notice the file Trek.EXE crashes A LOT less playing the Cardassians?
good question, I have never noticed less crashes with cardassians, but this maybe due to they are base race "C" when code is race related it will get current race prefix (C, F, H, K, R) C is used as example of file or called item.
robertbc73 wrote:At least then you won't be working with a permanent 100(ish)% moral penalty
it is not permanent, many time I have gotten a majors home system to content or even enthusiastic. you just have to pay a lot of attention to them and make sure all positive morale buildings are active. also not to use the negative morale buildings Forced labor farms and mining prisons.

thunderchero
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

robertbc73 wrote:At least then you won't be working with a permanent 100(ish)% moral penalty
it is not permanent, many time I have gotten a majors home system to content or even enthusiastic. you just have to pay a lot of attention to them and make sure all positive morale buildings are active. also not to use the negative morale buildings Forced labor farms and mining prisons.

thunderchero[/quote]

If you subjugate a system, building every positive moral building you can (not counting having the baku, bajorans, or risans), your morale will never go above 120ish UNLESS you eliminate a race and even then it will quickly fall back down to the same mark. This is even when under heavy combat and winning 2 massive fights a turn and 3 or minor fights a turn.
Kosh from Babylon 5
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

What would be AWESOME is a selector of close, medium, or far, for how close the other major races core systems are from each other. THAT would totally be Trektastic.
Kosh from Babylon 5
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

I really miss the ability to scroll the map just using the mouse, now having to use the keyboard is just annoying. Overlook? Concession? Just curious.

Thank you. Love the MOD!
Kosh from Babylon 5

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”