Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Watcher66
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Watcher66 »

How does the train crew order work? I can't select it. Or is it only available when you have a certian building?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Like in BotF, you can only train the crew if the ship/fleet is orbiting a system with an "academy" building (SF Academy, Naval Academy, etc). Notice the Dominion doesn't have such a building. Some minors' special building are academies, like the Andorians, Zakdorn, etc.
Ships built in systems with academies start as Regular, and Klingon crews always start with a minimum of 350XP (half the Regular threshold).

BTW, crews are not yet gaining experience from battles. I'll try to address that soon.
Watcher66
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Watcher66 »

Ok, but Agents can not be put on ships yet, can they?
Ieolus
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Ieolus »

I am quite impressed by the latest build, I've only seen old screenshots before. However it just makes me sad that it isn't fully playable yet. :sad:

I'd love to volunteer to help, but for me C# is only a hobby. I would be afraid to put any of my code into the project. I want it to actually work when done. :smile:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Watcher66 wrote:Ok, but Agents can not be put on ships yet, can they?
Nope, not yet (but Train Crew is not related to Agents).
Not sure how we'll handle the UI for assigning Officers. We should probably have a Fleets screen in the Intel/Assets view, with all the player's fleets (pretty much like the Colonies screen), where one can select a fleet and then assign an (available) Officer to it. Or implement it as a fleet order, but that doesn't seem to be as elegant an implementation.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Ieolus wrote:I am quite impressed by the latest build, I've only seen old screenshots before. However it just makes me sad that it isn't fully playable yet. :sad:

I'd love to volunteer to help, but for me C# is only a hobby. I would be afraid to put any of my code into the project. I want it to actually work when done. :smile:
Well, I'm not a professional coder, I'm just keeping development going while the "big guns" are not around. But I'm not afraid to put any code into the project, I just test it as thoroughly as possible. If we want the game to get done, we have to take some risks! :wink:
Any help is always welcome. The development of this game is a hobby, so I'd say you're in the right place. Have fun helping with the game, I'm sure the code will be optimized somewhere down the line (I actually have my eyes on a couple fo things).
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release available.

A bunch of fixes, including PF and OB upgrade costs, morale related issues, a few rare crashes, and other minor bugs.
Upgrading the SY will no longer cancel current ship production.
Energy shortages will now work correctly, and produce a SitRep entry to warn the player.
WarDecs and system subjugation will produce SitRep entries for both players now.
Included Martok's WarDec texts - thanks Martok!
A couple of AI improvements, they should only build as many colony ships as the systems in range that they can colonize; and scouts explore all the systems in their range and then return home. Feedback on if these are working correctly would be much appreciated - and suggestions on improvements.
wdj40
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wdj40 »

Wow amazing work. I did not know I actually had a profile on this website, I tried to register but I could log in again after activation.

I hope this project goes all the way to the end, I actually only looked for BotF today as I really wanted to play it again but not sure if I can download it from somewhere and then try out the mods for it.

But now I have seen this is still ongoing I will see if I can download it onto my laptop at some point :)

Keep up the good work and know there are still some fans hoping a game like this will be released :)
wdj40
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by wdj40 »

I posted a message on the Gamefaq`s forum for Supremacy and BotF message boards with a link to this forum. I know a few people still lurk on those boards so maybe it will drum up some more interest in this game :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks wdj40!

Been kind of busy at work, so progress has been kind of slow. I've only managed to implement the effects of anomalies (Black Holes, Neutron Stars and Nebulae - same as in BotF), and WarDec effects on morale. And the already mentioned combat xp of course. And fixed a couple of bugs.
Hopefully I'll have some free time soon.
starfleet
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by starfleet »

Hi Iceman, about the anomalies (Black Holes, Neutron Stars and Nebulae etc...) don't forget to add the description text of these anomalies in the text folders (Data, Strings, Text)
Same thing about the new SitRep you added in the new realeases
We also make tests for the translations
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi starfleet. You mean you rather have me spend my precious little time working on localization than on fixing stuff and adding features? ;-)

BTW,there will be more morale events and sitreps in the next release.

I am also considering adding a new game option for turning FoW on/off. What do you guys think? Useful? Not?
starfleet
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by starfleet »

I would like know who work on the localization in this project?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You could work on it yourself,if you wish. Or anyone else of course. Any help is welcome.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I have moved the sitrep texts to en.txt (except those related to system assaults - if I have the time I will work on those too). They will be in the next release.

Return to “Supremacy”