what style game play do you prefer in MP

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

what style game play do you prefer in MP

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I was reading a different topic and was wondering how everyone else plays a MP game. I know of 3 different styles

1. cut throat
Do any thing you can to eliminate the other human player

2. Friendly game
both player work together to wipe out map of 3 remaining races with final combat with remaining ships

3. Capture the flag
human races selected, then a target race is selected. objective is to be first human to occupy target race home world.

I would play mainly Friendly games but when wanted a quick game would play Capture the flag.

so, what style game play do you prefer in MP?

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: what style game play do you prefer in MP

Post by Martok »

Whether it's BOTF or some other game, on the rare occasions I do MP, it's pretty much always a Friendly game. I lack that "go for the throat" mentality (yes, I'm aware of the irony given my Kilngon username :P ).
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I prefer to work together. When I did online Command and Conquer Generals games I always teamed up with the human to beat the AI hard opponents. I actually liked playing with less skilled persons so I could help them learn the game by protecting their base.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Bah, a true klingon faces his opponent head-on! They are not Romulans, or cardassians, weakening the enemy through spies, poisoning citizens against their government! They are open." You are the Enemy! We Fight! Now!"
To face a Dishonorable Enemy beside someone who is neither, to fight alongside against your strong enemy, is more honorable (and simply honorable!) than to go it alone certain that you would not win!

True Honor in Battle comes from Sacrifice with Purpose and Victory from Uncertainty!
To Win when the Victory was considered impossible is Luck, no more! And if that ever happens then your name must be Martok!

:P
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I like team play the most but for BotF the most mp games I've played have always been fighting against each other till someone gives up or the game is aborted.
Would love to play teamed up against the ai if it was any worth. :|
It makes more fun when the enemy is not so predictable.
Never played capture the flag with BotF and I find it a bit unsatisfying when you built up a strong empire but loose cause the target is closer to your opponent.
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

depending on the size of the map, the style will change. i prefer large maps for MP. however, during the first 100 turns or so it is a pretty much SP experience as you try to expand, cajole some major ai for trade/extortion, take over other major ai for resouces. don't usually see the other guy for 100 turns. then it is a game of chess. you may have a huge fleet but decision to where to deploy it is a difficult one as unclaimed wormholes, poorly protected borders and sudden change of dimplomatic relationship with minors - these weigh in - and you have an enemy fleet at your homeworld doorstep while all of you task force is emboiled in a starbase chase 8 turns away... a lot of fun. can't really have a quick death match on the large map unless you are right next to one another:) and a quick death match on a small map, well, these are fun too.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

cut throat for sure.. then bondage and humiliation

Return to “General Chat”