Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

New release available.

Lots of fixes, tweaks and enhancements to
combat (combat XP for combat ships, stations and OBs always hit with their weapons, accuracy and damage control modifiers, refresh of orbitals stats in invasion arena, Commit button crash, SitReps and Morale events, charged planetary shield prevents landing troops, etc).
diplomacy (Regard levels, UI, envoys, SitReps, etc).
economy (morale modifiers, bonuses, trade routes, negative treasury effects, turn processing, etc).

Other enhancements and fixes, like effects of anomalies, localization of SitReps, AI scouts, 1st contact, galactic map updates, various rare crashes, etc.

Have fun!
starfleet
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by starfleet »

Great work! For the next release, we need you add these following items in the en.txt file:

Galaxy Size=> Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge
Galaxy Shape => Spiral, Ring, Elliptical, Cluster, Irregular
Star Density => Sparse, Medium, Dense
Planet Density => Sparse, Medium, Dense
Tech Level => Early, Developed, Sophisticated, Advanced, Supreme
Minor Races => None, Few, Some, Many
Home Quadrants => Canon, Random
Research Rate => Slow, Normal, Fast

In the galactic main screen:
Economy, Military, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Chat

In the discovered tech:
The following technologies are now available:
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

starfleet wrote:I would like know who work on the localization in this project?
some work is done for French and I did some for German (my native language)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re localization, like mentioned before, I don't have the time to do much more than the ones related to attacking systems. I'm currently working on improving diplomacy (UI and AI), and combat kind of needs an overhaul (at least so that stations are not next to useless in certain circumstances).
The tech curves of minors are working now, and you can build their ships and shipyards if they're membered. Their ships need to be reviewed.
Lots of other improvements and fixes have been made, concerning the Klingons and Dominion, morale, diplomacy (the AI now considers gifts when evaluating a proposal), etc.
It's looking more and more BotF'ish :D
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Good news, Bloodwurm is back to coding!
We're going to be merging our repos, which might take a bit, so I might release what I have at the moment (what I already mentioned plus some more crash fixes, and the annoying station icon display issue and a couple more things).
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Awesome!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release available.

I'll integrate Bloodwurm's changes now. Namely, Intel PFs, the Buy button, current build in the system list view, SitRep double-clicking.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here's a smallish preview of the new colonies list (still missing the Buy button though).
Attachments
SystemList.jpg
SystemList.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 8854 times
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

hi can someone tell me about this game please? is i a fan made game? how does it differ from BOTF etc? thanks

is it available to play?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey jaruler
Yes, Supremacy is a fan made game, one of the many attempts to continue the legacy of BotF. It is being developed so that it resembles BotF as much as possible, with a few more bells and whistles. You should give it a go, to find out the differences.

You can play it, yes, you can download the latest version from this link.
The AI doesn't do much yet, but it is being worked on, and so are some key features like Intelligence. But it should be a nice experience.
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

thank you

which one do i download?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The latest one? ;)
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

i have an error when i started game as romulan. huge gal, irregular

below are details
DEBUG: Creating Unity container. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:00:57Z.
DEBUG: Configuring container. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:00:57Z.
DEBUG: Configuring region adapters. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:00:58Z.
DEBUG: Creating shell. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:00:58Z.
DEBUG: Initializing modules. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:01:01Z.
DEBUG: [INavigationService] Activating Screen: MenuScreen. Priority: None. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:01:09Z.
DEBUG: [INavigationService] Screen Activated: MenuScreen. Priority: None. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:01:10Z.
DEBUG: Bootstrapper sequence completed. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2015-06-28 18:01:10Z.
EXCEPTION: An error occurred while creating a new game context.

at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Create(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 739
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.DoStartGame() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 255

----------------------------------------

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: whoElse

at Supremacy.Diplomacy.DiplomacyHelper.AreAffiliated(Civilization who, Civilization whoElse) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Diplomacy\DiplomacyHelper.cs:line 237
at Supremacy.Orbitals.Orbital.RegenerateHull() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\Orbital.cs:line 211
at Supremacy.Orbitals.Orbital.Reset() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\Orbital.cs:line 255
at Supremacy.Orbitals.StationDesign.TrySpawn(MapLocation location, Civilization owner, TechObject& spawnedInstance) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Orbitals\StationDesign.cs:line 143
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Initialize() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 1043
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext..ctor(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's a crash that sometimes happens when a station is spawned (probably one of the 2 minors that have stations) and the game is trying to repair its hull. I added code for orbitals to repair in affiliated/allied sectors the same way as in owned sectors, but I eventually forgot to fix this as I've been incorporating Bloodwurm's and Tracing's improvements.
I'll try to fix that for the next build.

Did you manage to get the game to run?
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

started again and now fine . playing as roms and so far turn 20 this is what i have to say.

Epic crisp clean interface with the right amount of detail and info to explain. Not seen an overall map yet but guessing may not be one and just use cursor keys on the viewable region?

Not had a fight yet but cannot wait!

Will provide updates as i go along .

well done to all involved!

Return to “Supremacy”