Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Thanks! The great UI was designed by Mike (Strobel, Supremacy's original coder). We had started designing the Romulan UI, but alas it was never picked up again.
You can remove FoW with F12 BTW, in SP games only. It's a testing tool.

There isn't a combat engine proper yet though, space battles are auto-calc'ed. Invasions and bombardments do have an interface though, you get to see some animations. :D

Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming!
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

Ahh ok thank you for heads up. I must say for a fan produced game i am rather surprised by how good it looks.

One small thing is that the map keeps moving or focusing out when i do other actions outside of map. so have to keep using cursors to make it ok again. It is only a tad annoying as you have to do it each turn. But that's it so far!

Does the people i send to embassies help make the other race like me more? I sent one to a race and over tome from cordial it went back to neutral when i had someone at there embassy.

Thank you
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The focus issue is in the issue tracker, Bloodwurm is aware of the issue and might address it.
Envoys dont yet affect Regard,but they will - I tried an implementation a couple months back, but it was not working correctly. Will take another look.
The effects of credit offers is temporary, it is cancelled after a number of turns. It should be more of a progressive decay, I think.
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

Hi all

just had some time this week to actually put some hours into game play

i am on turn 142 now. expanded quite fast and got around 8 members and assaulted one member planet. I note you took the master of orion 3 ground attack feature which works well for ground invasions. MOO3 is a good game.

I found the klingons on around turn 100 in the middle but i t seems they only have 5 planets and no members. Is this normal? They capitulate to all my money demands and don't seem able to expand etc. I note that the intel screen is actually just a list of planets and not about other races etc. Also when it gives values for how much is spent on research it shows zero for intel even though as Romulus each planet has 100 intel from a building. I assume intel is not a working feature yet by design?

So far no crashes and runs quick and smooth all the way through.

is there a way to see how well the Ai is doing on a power graph?

I just used F12 to reveal map. All AI faction races have 5-6 planets with some reason around 85% stuck on 81 population when they could go higher. So there might be a bug that prevents them from growing past this in most cases.

Is there level settings that could increase the Ai to be more active?

thank you
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

jaruler wrote: I found the klingons on around turn 100 in the middle but i t seems they only have 5 planets and no members. Is this normal? They capitulate to all my money demands and don't seem able to expand etc.
At this point, the AI doesn't try to member minors yet.
They were also limited (arbitrarily) to having 6 colonies max. I have increased that limit a couple weeks ago, when improving the AI (adding Tracing's changes, and fixing a few bugs).
Diplomacy still needs a lot of work, it's still a WiP. There are a few restrictions when it comes to the AI accepting proposals. They will still always accept your money though ;) For now. Minor races do not expand, if that's what you mean?

I note that the intel screen is actually just a list of planets and not about other races etc. Also when it gives values for how much is spent on research it shows zero for intel even though as Romulus each planet has 100 intel from a building. I assume intel is not a working feature yet by design?
The next release will have Intel re-instanted into the game, right now the Intel display always displaying zero.
The Assets screen will have a proper Intel screen when Intel is actually implemented, which at the time is not - in the sense that intel points are not being applied to anything yet (but Bloodwurm is working on it I think). Currently it only shows a list of your colonies and your agents.

is there a way to see how well the Ai is doing on a power graph?
Nope, not yet.

I just used F12 to reveal map. All AI faction races have 5-6 planets with some reason around 85% stuck on 81 population when they could go higher. So there might be a bug that prevents them from growing past this in most cases.
I'll check the 81 pop issue. It's probably related to the fixes I made lately.
Right now (in the dev build) the AI builds energy structures, dilithium structures and shipyards (besides the necessary PFs). With the reinstatement of Intel PFs and the TechCurve implementation, I'm going through the database again, which is a lot of work.

Is there level settings that could increase the Ai to be more active?
Nope, but the AI is being worked on. I'm not sure I can include Tracing's AI WarDec/combat for the next release, been really busy at work, but eventually it'll be more active.

thank you
Thank you for the feedback!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I can't reproduce the 81 pop issue. Besides homesystems of Primitive and Rudimentary minors, which start with very low pop and thus grow much slower, all other systems seem to grow normally to their max.
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

hi Iceman the 81 is just with the colonized planets of the other faction AI such as klingons. not minors.

Thanks
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Those seemed to grow normally too.
But the AI code was borked, I fixed it for the next release. As soon as I get the data files adapted I'll produce a new release build.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release available.

Intel PFs, Buy button, SitRep double-clicking, reworked Colonies screen, AI improvements and fixes, F11 cheat menu, minor race tech levels, lots of enhancements and fixes.
Go grab it!
:grin:
Aremay
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Aremay »

Thanks for all your hard work, Iceman! Going to give this a whirl now.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks! I will work on ncluding the rest of Tracings AI mprovements next.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

New release.
Re-uploaded the previous build with fixes for a few bugs, and some improvements. Thanks for the report Azenth!

Fixed combat hangs, starvation and an issue with the redeployment screen introduced with Bloodwurm's new code for displaying civ icons. A few smallish AI enhacements too.

I have deactivated the code that clears all build queues in a colony when a minor race is subjugated or membered, so that you guys can check if the AI is doing something really wrong - namely building an excessive or insufficient number of farms or industry, suffering from starvation, etc. Feedback would be greatly appreciated. This is a temporary thing, I'll activate the code again if/when there are no issues.
It is possible that the AI might sometimes not have enough energy for some structures, that might need to be improved.
I'm still making some database adjustments, but if you see any issues there, please report.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Just released a new build.

Morale should now be working pretty much like in BotF. Martial Law and the like still need to be handled differently (than as a normal Building).
Started work on race traits, the Klingons should DoW more easily than other civs, and the Feds won't.
Colonization and building stations cannot be done in another civ's territory or in contested sectors.
A few more tweaks and fixes, some AI improvements.

Feedback as always is most welcome.
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

Looks fabulous, though I noticed one deficiency in the starting options screen

This is what it is now :
Minor Races => None, Few, Some, Many

It should be :
Minor Races => None, Few, Some, Many, All

When I got the BoTF in 2000 or so, and didn`t know anything about UE and editing and modding etc, I always tried to generate such a map that had as many minors as possible (well, of course you couldn`t have them all until the UE came into the picture).

How many are there now anyway? I would like to see 100 (if it`s possible) well, at least 50.

Also, there`s one more thing I would really like to see in the game : I always thought that 130 million people on the Earth seemed just ridiculous, you might as well call that planet "Germany" :D (there are something like 130 million german speaking people on the Earth). So, it should be 10 000 million people (and that`s less than 10 Chinas or Indias today), as the maximum for large terran-type worlds (M-class), just to have more realistic populations, the game should be adjusted to have those numbers. (Thunderchero and I have been looking for a way to change the structure population per bar of BoTF, just to have more realistic populations on the planets). AND... "Remember" there were 6 billion people on Vulcan (a Volcanic planet) in the 2009 movie.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There are~170 minors in the game, and they wont all fit in all map sizes,hence no All option ;)
Max in a map by default is 120 but you can change that, in Tables/UniverseTables.txt. (change the FrequencyRatio value and MaxCount)

Realism is highly overrated BTW, and I am pretty sure at least the children in germany dont work :P

Return to “Supremacy”