Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Weyoun2986 »

Not sure where this would land on the priority list, but it would be cool to have an actual "canon" map in future releases. Right now the home quadrants of each of the races/empires can be randomized or set to canon.

It would be awesome if there was a version of the map with the Sol system on the border of the Alpha and Beta Quadrants, in relatively close proximity to Vulcan, Andoria, Denobula, Tellar; the Cardassians would be located in the "west" Alpha Quadrant near the Bajorans, Breen, Tzenkethi, Ferengi. Romulans would be "north east" in the Beta Quadron, and Klingons in the "south east." The Kazon, Occompa, and Vidiians would be in the extreme "north" of the Delta Quadrant..... etc etc etc.

I have to say, as a player of Supremacy for the past five or so years, I'm THRILLED to see so much work and progress. New versions have been released every other month or so - which is awesome! Keep up the great work. :-)
Axis
Commander
Commander

Post by Axis »

I`d say that canon map would be a great idea.

I`d also add a detail if this becomes possible : The position of the Vulcan might be between Sol and Romulus, not between Sol and Qonos, because the romulans are an offshoot of the vulcans (I think the first romulans went the easiest route to their new homeworld).

Maybe the bajorans would also be on "our" side between Cardassia and Sol.
Impress the Empress.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That has always been the intention, creating a canon map. Obviously, it is of limited replayability, but nonetheless, it's one of those "must have" features. Rake has actually created an excel sheet with such a map quite some time ago, we just need a map editor to implement it.

Thanks for the kind words and the continued support Weyoun! It means a lot.
Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Weyoun2986 »

Sure thing, Iceman. :-)

On a related note to the canon map: has anyone tried hex editing a saved game file? I took a crack at it this afternoon and couldn't figure out how to manipulate the galaxy map. Every time I thought I'd isolated the correct hex values for the coordinates of a star system, I'd try a test edit and the game wouldn't open the file or would simply crash. My hex editing skills are a bit rusty, but I've been able to successfully edit saves in other, older (and, I'm guessing, less complex) games. Does anyone have any insight into how Supremacy structures the .sav files?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yep, thats the best way to go about it, a savegame. I havent really looked into the savegame structure yet. If you (or anyone else ofc) can crack it, that would be cool!
Next2U
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Next2U »

Hello, been following this game for years now and love it.

A couple things I have noticed,
You can't colonize a system where a Starbase has been built.
Since the newest release, other major powers will only build 2 scouts.
Some Major powers population will not reach its limit. On my current game the Cardassians pop is 176 with a max of 305. Turn 460.

Great job so far I hope AI improvements are in the workings.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi next2u. Thanks for the feedback!

#1 nice catch, easy fix!
#2 i guess you mean they should build more than 2 scouts? If so,they have always only built 2. It is in my todo list to make it depend on map size, to a max of 4.
#3 did you notice if it doesnt grow from the start or id it drops at some point (from starvation)? Ive seen it grow to full pop from the start.

Agiam, thanks! Keep it coming.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

#3 for some reason empires seem not to be building farms in their homesystems... In the higher starting levels they dont need to, so its not really noticeable. Ill check the AI code.
Next2U
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Next2U »

For #2 in previous releases I noticed the would build 2 scouts and 5-7 Cruisers then stop.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

You mean they are not building cruisers? They are in my games. In fact I made them now build a mix of CR and DE.

Re farms, I think they are building them, but not activating them. Probably related to improvemnts I made.
Next2U
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Next2U »

In my current game all Majors: Kling,Rom, Dominion, and Cards all have 2 scouts and nothing else.

Another couple of questions:

Wormholes...Any plans for them?

Saved games, where are they stored if I would like to delete them?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I downloaded 20150828 to check, and they were building ships. I think they will only build 6 warships now, and thats what I got. Did you edit the data files or something? They will only not build if they are broke or have no designs available. Anyone else having this problem?

Ill try to implement a first version of wormholes ;-)

Dont know the path by heart, will check and let you know. Which OS are you running?
Next2U
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Next2U »

Windows 7
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Enter Wormhole order has been implemented, but I still need to connect WHs properly.
I have fixed a couple of issues in invasions,and theres still a couple more I want to fix.
Some UI mprovements have been made too.
Next2U
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Next2U »

I have noticed if you have a friendly agreement (Trade) with another race, and they have ships in their space, if you send a ship in that sector it causes a instant victory freeze bug where you have to exit the game.

Return to “Supremacy”