Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Yep,its in the Known Issues thread. I really need to get that fixed.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Next release should have an industry bonus to shipbuilding, working wormholes, scrapping refunds as in BotF (for ships,only if there is an owned shipyard or station in the sector though), warnings when trying to colonize or build a station in sectors controlled by another empire, UI and AI fixes and improvements, and a few more things.
Next2U
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Next2U »

Nice can't wait!!! Also a big thank you for keeping it going.
totto6490
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by totto6490 »

I am here to say that you all do a nice job and i can't wait for the next update.

Please don't stop working! :up: :up: :up: :up:
Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Weyoun2986 »

Is there an ETA for the next release? I find myself eagerly checking the download site every few days. :-)
Mr Sneek
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mr Sneek »

First of all I'd like to thank you guys for keeping the BotF saga alive! As a brandnew member I still need to find my way around this forum so please forgive me if I reiterate already discussed topics.. Having recently started playing Supremacy I noticed a few things I was wondering about:
1. There doesn't seem to be a summary of your systems like in BOTF, will this be implemented in the future?
2. Savefiles don't seem to withhold ship-waypoints and perhaps even system's constructionqueues?

There are some other things I'm wondering about but I'll check around the forum, maybe some of my questions are already answered in another topic. Lastly, the game's already looking damn fine, thanks for the hard work! :up:
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Sorry guys for the delay in the release, I have been really busy at work, and I am trying to get the unrest orders to work minimally well. I will have to release them still as a building, and fix it in the next release. Morale should be working properly now. I have added the morale event for DoW on a member minor, but some events are still missing. A few UI improvements too.
Should be released in a few days. I am probably going to test it during the weekend. Thanks for your patience!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi mr sneek,welcome to the Sup forums!
Re your questions,
#1- F5 should give you what you want? The Colonies tab has info about all your systems.
#2- savegames should be keeping that data, afaik. You mean they are not? Will have to check.
Mr Sneek
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Mr Sneek »

Thanks Iceman!

I see, didn't know about F5. But it seems that refers to the intel screen? Come to think of it, I did already see that, but at first it didn't register as such because I was probably too preoccupied with the titel of 'intel'.

Mind you, I noticed the waypoint-issue in an older version I mistakenly downloaded, which had updated immediately after installing to v0.4.3427.36588. After installing version 20150828, I wanted to check if it was still there. It was only then I noticed the constructionqueue-issue. If I start a game and save on the first turn, retire, reload, there are no waypoints or constructionqueue. Another thing I've just noticed, changes to the labour-assignment don't get retained either.

I also went back to that older version, in the later savegames there doesn't seem to be a constructionqueue-issue. But the same experiment, starting a new game and saving on the first turn gave the same result as before; no constructionqueue and labour-assignment reverted to startingpoint. In the older version I'm pretty sure the waypoint-issue lasted throughout the game but as for the latest version the issues seem to come and go.
I've checked a new game up to turn 5 by saving every turn;
1st turn: nothing gets retained.
2nd turn: waypoints & constructionqueue gets retained, but not change in labour-assignment.
3rd turn: nothing gets retained.
4th turn: waypoints get retained, not the change in labour-assignment and something strange with the constructionqueue: It had a 2-turn fabricator running from previous turn with only 1 turn to go. I changed it to a 1 turn-farm. But after reloading it had the fabricator again.
5th turn: nothing gets retained except for the waypoint of the colonyship.
I sometimes got the impression the savefile just went to the beginning of the turn instead of the point (with the changes) you saved from.

I've tried to be as complete as possible regarding my findings, I hope it makes some sense, if there's anything else you might want to know, please feel free to ask...

Also another thing, would it be possible to have the same system info in the system-interface like on the map? You know with population number, growthrate, etc. Atm only the planets are showing in the system-interface. Although it isn't crucial, I think it would be handy.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Yes, tne image still reads Intel, but it actually is now called the Assets screen. The image needs to be edited.

No orders will "stick" if you dont end turn; only then will they be stored in the save. Thats a limitation we will have to live with.Sorry.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That last issue, you mean that annoying bug where only in the 1st turn or when you load a savegame, the system panel doesnt show the system info? Its in the issue tracker, Ive tried fixing it a few timex already but cant locate the problem...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

A new release is up in the usual place. Have fun, and again sorry for the delay. I hope it was worth the wait.
Weyoun2986
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Weyoun2986 »

The new release looks great! Thanks for your hard work. :-)

I see that wormholes are now working! Is there a summary list of updates for this version?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Here it is.

Fixes:
You can now colonize a system where a station has been built.
A few issues in invasions (OBs firing twice when bypassed in landing troops or bombarding, ...)
Morale should be working properly now (still some events to be implemented).
Unrest orders are working almost as intended, just need to convert them from a Building to a project in progress.
Scrapping refunds as in BotF, but ships use the same formula and only if there is an owned shipyard or station in the sector.
SitReps for unpowered orbital batteries and shipyards.
Checks for colony ships and transports in some situations.
Only the latest version of OBs is buildable in colonies.
Hopefully the AI will not overbuild farms anymore.
All SitReps are now localized, as well as some more stuff.
Trade Goods are now correctly displayed as the default project.
Structures scrapped right before a successful invasion will not be scrapped.

Additions:
The Enter Wormhole order has been implemented, but I still need to connect WHs properly (and show connections in the starmap if explored).
Some UI improvements.
Industry bonus to shipbuilding, related to number of active factories in the system.
Warnings when trying to colonize or build a station in sectors controlled by another empire.
Morale event for DoW on a member minor.
The AI builds (smaller) fleets in colonies (other than the homesystem) with shipyards.
The AI builds energy and deuterium buildings.
Scrapping Production Facilities now in 5s and 10s if pressing CTL or SHIFT respectively.
The Dominion now has 2 construction ships like the Feds.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Next2U wrote:I have noticed if you have a friendly agreement (Trade) with another race, and they have ships in their space, if you send a ship in that sector it causes a instant victory freeze bug where you have to exit the game.
I have fixed this for the next release. Still have to follow up on it, because a 3rd party will hang the game.

Return to “Supremacy”