All in one installer progress

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: All in one installer progress

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

should I start a new topic for Beta/release candidate testing or have testing reports in this topic?

as you might have seen a new topic has already been created for final release. this was done so I could set the url link that is part of start menu (documentation)
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Either way seems fine with me.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I would probably start a new topic myself, but I'm good with however you want to do it. :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I have been taking another look at development of an "all in one - all at once" installer. I have gotten a good start in getting it to work.

current prototype uses same basic script current "all in one" uses and I have added/edited 6 mods so far.

now what I had to change was very little,

1. no options tor tools. only option is to install or not install
2. no option to select/deselect "add desktop shortcut" (they are always installed if mod is selected)

these changes might be able to be resolved with the addition of some coding later.

One other thing I have already noticed is the growing task option list (it just scrolls down and down and down....when all mods are selected)

thunderchero
SeaBee-T
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by SeaBee-T »

Great seeing progress on the AIO-AAO installer! Anything that makes installing my fav BOTF mods instantly gets my vote.

Oh how far we've come, I still remember the day when I was just plain happy to have an installer for the vanilla BOTF.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

SeaBee-T wrote:Oh how far we've come, I still remember the day when I was just plain happy to have an installer for the vanilla BOTF.
yeah, I still remember the days when we used winzip (before they changed compression) to add files to stbof.res and replaced trek.exe to add mods.

I should have RC3 ready for this Friday release. :grin: I was able to add code to pass on user task selections, so all icons can be select/deselected again.

I did first "timed" test of installing all mods (27 components) at once it only took 24 min 32 sec. That is less than 1 min per component.

BTW, Just to be clear this installer will allow user to install only the mods they want installed. Plus if they want to add more components later, this is no problem either. As for Tools they only need to be selected with other mods on first execution of installer.

thunderchero

Return to “General Chat”