Ovarwa wrote:I guess I'm confused though: I've played lots of BoP, but never had that problem before. Ships upgraded normally, though speed increases did not take effect immediately.
this will only happen if certain conditions are meet, did you have any other cruiser I built (present on map) prior to upgrading to cruiser II
* Cardassians Tech 2
* Start building multiple Cruiser Is
* First Cruiser I Complete
* Research of Energy 3 completes, allowing Cruiser IIs
* First Cruiser I remains Cruiser I
* Enqueued Cruiser Is remain Cruiser Is
* Can enqueue Cruiser IIs to be completed after Cruiser Is build
* The Cruiser Is do not upgrade to Cruiser IIs, even after a few turns
By contrast, previous BoP behavior was different:
* Multiple Ship Xs are on the production queue
* Some number of Ship Xs complete but others are being produced
* Research of some tech completes which cause all Ship Xs on the map to become Ship X+1s
* The speed of the Ship X+1s on the map is incorrect for the first turn
Cardassians in BoP tend to want to build Cruisers and more Cruisers for nearly the entire game, so I suspect I'd have noticed this behavior earlier.