Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Valcoren »

Suggestions and thought:

OK one of the major problems I'm running into is not a bug, but options to deal with disputed territories with minor races. as of right now the only option is going to war with them. We need to really consider putting in an more political and treaty options. offer to buy sectors, trade for sectors, gifting sectors, demand the release of sectors. I'm at turn 30 on a test bed game, and sandwiched between Tellar and Shelia. I can't build even a space station outside of SOL without war.
AndrewOshawott
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by AndrewOshawott »

No one likes the Sheliak anyways, the morale system isn't advanced, right? Nuke them. (And get the Tellarites through diplomacy first)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Valcoren wrote:LOL I got my first taste of Embezzlement with the new patch.. So funny hearing my voice in game. I may have to fix that with an Auto tuner.
Heh.
Re events, a couple of things.
Asteroid Impact was not activated (in ScriptedEvents.xml), an oversight on my part...
I got Solar Flare right on the first turn. Need to change that.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Valcoren wrote:Suggestions and thought:

OK one of the major problems I'm running into is not a bug, but options to deal with disputed territories with minor races. as of right now the only option is going to war with them. We need to really consider putting in an more political and treaty options. offer to buy sectors, trade for sectors, gifting sectors, demand the release of sectors. I'm at turn 30 on a test bed game, and sandwiched between Tellar and Shelia. I can't build even a space station outside of SOL without war.
Well, having minor expand does cause some issues...
Claims need to be reviewed, I've already tweaked the formulae, but the whole system is too simplistic right now.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:
Valcoren wrote:LOL I got my first taste of Embezzlement with the new patch.. So funny hearing my voice in game. I may have to fix that with an Auto tuner.
Heh.
Re events, a couple of things.
Asteroid Impact was not activated (in ScriptedEvents.xml), an oversight on my part...
I got Solar Flare right on the first turn. Need to change that.

I added the code line into the xml file; however it made the game unstable.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Try this, and let me know if it works ok.
What do you men by unstable btw?

Oh, and I will be adding more of your planet textures for next release, I just didn't have time to go through it all (some were repeated).
I uploaded all of your images to BitBucket so anyone can pick and choose what to use.
Thanks for all your work!
Attachments
events.zip
(5.32 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

Iceman wrote:Try this, and let me know if it works ok.
What do you men by unstable btw?

Oh, and I will be adding more of your planet textures for next release, I just didn't have time to go through it all (some were repeated).
I uploaded all of your images to BitBucket so anyone can pick and choose what to use.
Thanks for all your work!
I seen what I didn't do. I only changed the line code in the events xml, not the second file. but it would not load the game.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The other file is only necessary for the texts, you don't really need it. Could it be that I didn't actually add the event?! I mean, I did produce the event, I might not have updated the project to include it...
I can't check it now, only when I get back to work in january.
Do you get an error log?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The files work fine for me,and the event works . Not sure why you cant get it to work.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Btw, I noticed that one of the data files in the release was not the correct one, HomeSystems.xml ... The starting conditions for Advanced are screwed up... My bad, sorry. I was doing some testing and forgot to swap the files back. I will upload all 3 files to BB soon. Meanwhile, you can copy the Advanced section of the previous release for each empire.
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

the game has been running smoothly really. I have had only one lock up since the new release. (other than my own error when adding to the event script.) this was prior to you uploading the files on Dec 24, 2016 4:53.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I uploaded the data files mentioned above to BB. Fixed the Advanced settings, and improved the random events settings a bit.

I've already fixed a crash and further improved the random events implementations (there are a couple of issues) for the next release.
BlazeBlack
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by BlazeBlack »

I know I registered before, maybe was a different forum or something but I have been keeping up and playing the crap out of this game for a long time and normally I don't provide any feedback as I'm sure a lot of people have already pointed things out here and there and all I normally do is just end up repeating what others have said but, after one thing I saw in the game, I knew I had to say something.

Malcor, race of Malcorians

After I got them to join the Federation, and went through the process of upgrading and building, I then saw Kinetics Laboratory in the Build List and I assume you're already aware of this or maybe not but wanted to point it out anyways.

The image selected for Kinetics Laboratory shows a room/facility that is seen in Half Life, owned by Valve. If at some point you reach to where the game has successfully reached in distribution, advertising and what not, and people who've never played this do...and catch that image specifically...there could be problems. I'm not certain how serious it could get, but any company that likes protecting their own products and sees an image of one of their own products being used in another game (even though at the moment, it's not being sold but if it were?) could upset them.

Just wanted to say something, the last thing I would want to see is this game grinding to a halt due to legal and what not, since I have always enjoyed the game from the beginning. (Beginning as to, when I first started playing the game...long...loooooong before combat was even implemented. When intelligence was in use but not really 'working' and images of structures were identical to the images used in the first BotF.)

But while I'm throwing feedback,

I've tried out Random Events and boy, they were feisty. The only one that made me sad, was when the star of one of my colonies went super nova and the entire system was lost. I even forgot where the system really was, since I was more focused on many other systems that I just recently colonized, and the one that was lost, was upgraded to current tech I had researched. In such, it was sad but not remembering where it was, didn't make it too sad.

I have kept Special Events on, haven't seen anything just yet...though what I am hoping for some day is Borg Incursion, some...random Borg vessel (sphere, probe, cube, maybe ship type/size in comparison to current tech level player is at?? Like if player plays early tech...Probe ship? Or Advanced tech, Tactical Cube?)

I wouldn't mind playing the Borg race myself some day too, go out there and assimilate all major races in the game :P and minors. I tend to be evil sometimes.....

Overall, still love the game, just looking out for it just in case. :)
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks for the warning!
Re Supernova, most SitReps if you double click them you are taken to the sector of the event.
Re Special events are just the Borg for now. You can play as the Borg BTW. There is a thread explaining how.
Thanks for the feedback, it is always welcome!
BlazeBlack
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by BlazeBlack »

No problem :D

Supernova: Ha, should of thought of that. Thanks.

S.Events: Huh, I have yet to encounter the Borg then. Must be later on if you start with Early age? Like until you reach what...tech level 7...8 when the Borg show? And I'll have to look for that topic then, Thanks!

Return to “Supremacy”