BOTF All in One installer 2.0.0 (Released 7-10-2020)

This forum contains threads from support forum outdated or no longer neede.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: BOTF All in One installer (Released 1-19-2017)

Post by thunderchero »

Martok wrote:I really must live a charmed life, as I can't recall ever having major problems downloading BOTF mods/tools/installers the way so many folks here seem to. Guess I'm just lucky?
This only started 10 days ago, before that we averaged 17GB - 30GB per day, but the last 10 days we are averaging 80GB - 124GB per day. :shock:

I suspect the All in One download link has been posted somewhere on a different star trek gaming forum and this is causing increased demand.

thunderchero
downeaster59
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by downeaster59 »

I'm posting just to say that I have downloaded and installed this All-In-One and successfully installed BOTF in CrossOver, running on my MacBook Pro. BOTF (vanilla version) works very well.

Is there any place where I can find a description of the various mods? I know there used to be, when the mods needed to be downloaded individually. Thanks for this.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

downeaster59 wrote:I'm posting just to say that I have downloaded and installed this All-In-One and successfully installed BOTF in CrossOver, running on my MacBook Pro. BOTF (vanilla version) works very well.
just wondering with or without DxWnd?
downeaster59 wrote:Is there any place where I can find a description of the various mods? I know there used to be, when the mods needed to be downloaded individually. Thanks for this.
mod descriptions can be found in Complete Conversions Mods section.
viewforum.php?f=24
downeaster59
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by downeaster59 »

thunderchero wrote:
downeaster59 wrote:I'm posting just to say that I have downloaded and installed this All-In-One and successfully installed BOTF in CrossOver, running on my MacBook Pro. BOTF (vanilla version) works very well.
just wondering with or without DxWnd?
downeaster59 wrote:Is there any place where I can find a description of the various mods? I know there used to be, when the mods needed to be downloaded individually. Thanks for this.
mod descriptions can be found in Complete Conversions Mods section.
viewforum.php?f=24
Thanks for the info on the mod descriptions.

I installed without DxWnd. I had installed BOTF previously on CrossOver. It ran very well without DxWnd. When I tried installing BOTF on a Windows 10 system, then I needed DxWnd. It worked well in that context.
Kurn
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Kurn »

When I try to install All In One (full installation) on Windows 10, the setup wizard says a second after I clicked on "Install" that it has finished the installation, but the botf folder is empty.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

you must select component to install on component page and any options you want for those components.

Note; I have added it to my list of possible improvements. change "Full Installation" text to "Nothing Selected"

thunderchero
Kurn
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Kurn »

Wow, the installation took long, but I'm glad to see that the mods running perfectly fine. :smile:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

yes if you installed everything it does take a long time, but if you divide how long it took by 26, install time per mod is quicker than it was before.

thunderchero
Chaelvin
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Chaelvin »

I think this all-in-one installer is great!

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think anyone these days really uses 800 x 600 for a resolution. I would be in full support as a community member to remove all 800 x 600 textures and just have the 1024 textures as the minimum install (or whatever the consensus from the community might be) as part of the installer process. In fact, I'd be in full support of just having the 1080 as the default or at least as an option.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Chaelvin wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I don't think anyone these days really uses 800 x 600 for a resolution. I would be in full support as a community member to remove all 800 x 600 textures and just have the 1024 textures as the minimum install
most would agree with you, but I try to respect the original creator of mods. So if mod was released at higher resolution no 800 x 600 version is available. example; Ultimate mod 5 and AFC mod start as released at 1024 x 768.

thunderchero
TheBossInTheWall
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TheBossInTheWall »

thunderchero wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:56 am
suizidi31 wrote:i have always message that already a mod is installed! but i dont have any mod installed ! im running on win 10 64bit
sorry you are having this issue. it sounds like uninstall issue or files were removed/deleted manually.

if everything is uninstalled as you say, You need to remove some left over registries.

open "regedit.exe" in C:\windows folder.
find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microprose (64 Bit systems)
find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microprose (32 Bit systems)
select the "microprose" folder on left and right click, from menu select delete and confirm deletion.

after that you should be able to run installer
Thanks for posting. worked for me.
ddp88
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ddp88 »

Why did you do this? Its just silly you're forcing us to download everything! We used to be able to download what we need and want! Now we have a massive file that we have to download while uninstalling everything we had before thats not fair. Not to mention constant issues with downloading this file I along with others simply can not download it keeps failing. I dont want babylon 5 i dont want stargate are any of the others for that matter I simply wanted the dominion mod because the ferengi are ridiculous as a major power. Instead I have lost everything I had 4 mods ive uninstalled them there gone and i cant download this all in 1 crap. There was nothing wrong with the old system. If you wanted to create a single download for all the mods then no problem but at least keep the individual mods available. Forcing us to download everything when the majority of it is not wanted is not right. Not to mention many of us have now lost everything and continue to be unable to play the game because of this of download.
#please return the option of the individual mods
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Actually, you're *not* forced to install every mod. We can pick & choose which ones we want.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
ddp88
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by ddp88 »

not until after you have downloaded the file which is great unless of course the gigantic file can not be downloaded
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi ddp88,

Sorry you are having issues with downloading file, have you tried any download managers? Download managers will use check sum to prevent corrupt downloads

As for file size, by today's standard it is small compared to many other downloaded games.

Edit:
BTW if you really want the old installer (last updated 2012), files they are still available on my 4shared, see this link
viewtopic.php?f=302&t=2425
note; some files may not be up to date or latest version

thunderchero

Return to “Support Archive”