Star Trek Related Fan Games & Mod Projects

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Star Trek Related Fan Games & Mod Projects

Post by Blake00 »

Hey guys! :)

I’m looking to engage the various Star Trek communities to help me build an ever improving list of Star Trek related fan games out there.

Long story short, in 2016 I created a Star Trek gaming section on my oldschool retro website paying tribute to some of my favourite official Star Trek games I played as a kid (some including huge mission breakdowns) along with the great many successful & sadly unsuccessful Star Trek related fan projects out there to make sure that they are never forgotten and can inspire talented Star Trek fans to create new Star Trek projects in the future. For that list I collected pics, vids, demos, and information for as many of the projects as possible. I could use some help from my fellow Trekers with this list as being Star Trek I'm sure there's a gazillion more projects out there I don't know about lol. This is my latest summary of the website list below.

http://blakessanctum.x10.mx/Games/StarTrekGames/

(Note: Originally built in 2001 this website is still deliberately very late 90s early 2000s retro in design. So if you're not nostalgic for old retro websites with music, animating gifs & left click browsing then you probably won't like it)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Trek related fan games & mod projects list (Updated 23/09/2016) :
- Star Trek Doom Project - Doom II Total Conversion (TC) Mod
- Star Trek Deep Space Nine: The Fallen - Convergence Addon
- Star Trek Armada III - TC Mod for Sins Of A Solar Empire Rebellion
- Enterprise-D 3D Project - Virtual Reality tour in Unreal 4 Engine
- Star Trek Supremacy - Birth Of The Federation Fan Sequel
- Star Trek BOTF2 - Birth Of The Federation Fan Sequel
- Birth Of The Empires - Birth Of The Federation Fan Sequel (Star Trek assets removed)
- Star Trek Mod - TC Mod for Civilization IV Beyond The Sword
- Star Trek Mod II: The Wrath of Mod - TC Mod for Civilization IV BTS (Sequel)
- Star Trek Continuum - TC Mod for Homeworld
- Star Trek Continuum Remastered - TC Mod for Homeworld Remastered
- Star Trek Voyager: Lost Chapter - Elite Force Sequel in Unreal 4 Engine
- Star Trek Excalibur - Bridge Space Combat Game in Unreal 4 Engine
- Galactic Star Trek - TC Mod for Galactic Civilizations III
- Stage 9 - Enterprise D Virtual Reality Tour in Unreal 4 Engine
- Star Trek Infinities - TC Mod for Stellaris (By Armada 3 Team)
- Star Trek New Horizon - TC Mod for Stellaris
- Star Trek TOS FOC Mod - TC Mod for Star Wars Empire At War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Trek Bridge Commander II - Bridge Commander Sequel in Unreal 4 Engine
- Star Trek 50th Anniversary - Enterprise Virtual Reality Tour
- Star Trek Enterprise M.A.C.O - Elite Force Style Game in CryEngine3
- Star Trek Elite Force RPG-X - TC Multiplayer RPG Mod For ST-Voyager Elite Force
- Star Trek Allegiance - Birth Of The Federation Fan Sequel (Web Based)
- Star Trek The Continuing Voyage - ST 25th Anniversary & Judgments Rites Fan Sequel
- Star Trek DS9 Invasion Of Cardassia - TC Mod for Star Wars The Battle of Endor
- Virtual Enterprise D - TC Mod for ST-Voyager Elite Force
- Star Trek Adventures: Year One - ST Anniversary & Judgments Rites Fan Sequel
- Star Trek 3D - Star Trek The Next Generation 3D Fan Game
- Star Trek BOTF2: New Beginnings - Birth Of The Federation Fan Sequel
- Borg Nukem - TC Mod for Duke Nukem 3D
- Rise Of The Federation - Birth Of The Federation Fan Sequel

Please let me know if there are there any other big Star Trek related game/mod projects out there that I haven’t listed here (I have no doubt there are many!!).
Last edited by Blake00 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Star Trek Related Fan Games & Mod Projects

Post by slickrcbd »

What a horrible website. Any attempt to open tabs redirects you to the "enter here" page instead.
Then there is that annoying "fixed" CSS junk that sticks at the top of the screen and the distracting flare from the picture, wasting screen space and the distracting animations of those leaves that also ties up processing power while covering up words.
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

*sigh*.. thanks..
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Blake, the site is a great idea. It could use some improvements :D but great job anyway!
Keep up the good work!
slickrcbd
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by slickrcbd »

The idea is good, the implementation is horrible. I did try to give constructive criticism on what could be done to fix it.
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

slickrcbd wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:10 pm The idea is good, the implementation is horrible. I did try to give constructive criticism on what could be done to fix it.
Try harder next time as what universe is "What a horrible website" and "junk" considered constructive? I can think of a few words to describe your comment I doubt you'd find constructive either lol.

My site was constructed in 2001 on geocities, yup it's 16 years old now. In those many years since it's had lots of updates to content but not so much in design. This is for 3 reasons:
1 - It's a DELIBERATELY RETRO site that's meant to take visitors back to the 'good old days' of old fashioned websites about games. Warnings of this retro theme are stated repeatedly.
2 - I'm not a programmer or a web coder so I do not have the skills to build modern sites. I lack the time and money to go learn. Most "build your own website with our free tools" sites still don't give me what I want either. Any fancy code used on my site is copied & pasted from public resources.
2 - The vast majority of visitors to the site actually like the nostalgic retro feel as they don't want a retro site that actually just looks like every other bloody website out there. It's oldschool design makes it unique. Hell one guy 2 years ago said he'd made my quest for glory section his friggin homepage as it put him in a good mood every morning lol. Crazy I know but hey.. each to their own lol.

Of course every now and then there's someone who utterly hates that uniqueness (based on total feedback over the last decade or so I'd put it at about 1 in 20 responses). Usually it's compulsive 'right click new tabbers' who cant stand to browse the old way and/or people who can't stand retro & have no tolerance for old stuff. You're actually the first in all these years to complain about the teleporting logo at the top though, that's a new one lol, so I'll have to have a look at it. The weather effects and music are about creating immersion and taking people back to the game or film that they loved playing as a kid. While I try not to make them too distracting there's always going to be someone wants less or none. It's that fine line between creativity and functionally that I'm never going to truly win on. Just like with every game and film out there not matter how popular they are there's always going to be someone who hates them lol.

If you check my post you'll actually see that I never asked for feedback on the site design, I asked for feedback and help on the GAMES/MODS. I have no doubt there's a gazillion awesome star trek mods and fan games out there I don't know about yet.

I work on the site as a part time fun hobby and not as a serious business venture that has to impress customers however I DO actually listen to friendly (and sometimes the unfriendly) constructive feedback on the site though and have made plenty of changes over the years based on them but usually its only things that don't change the core of what the site is about (immersive oldschool retro website/gaming/film nostalgia) and its normally only changes that can be done within my VERY limited skillset lol.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

This site feels like home (no sarcasm). It's like a jump back in time to the start of the internet. I haven't heard a name like Geocities in a long time.

It could have a couple of links in the favourite game section to the left. I clicked on favourite games and thought I could go to the Star Trek games directly but wasn't able.

Had to laugh about the "horrible"-comment. Blake, I hope you don't take it that personally. Despite the site being cluttered, it contents useful and interesting information.

F.e.: as a big fan of the old DN3D, I never heard of the BORG Nukem conversion mod. Sounds fun. Not sure about the other games. The site is indeed a bit hard to navigate. I'd start improvements there. Filling it up with content is of course always great. Making this content easily available and enjoyable to process is another. Both should go hand in hand. Keeping it retro is charming and should be further prioritized.

Return to “General Chat”