Supremacy new release

Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by Iceman »

Next release will have new voice clips for the Borg and Dominion selections.
Blake00
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Blake00 »

Iceman wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 12:19 pm So, the Scimitar is now the top ship for the Roms, a Heavy Warbird (set as Tactical Cruiser, will see how we can implement special weapons like the Thalaron), the Valdore remains as the last Command (Warbird, not sure where the Warhawk designation came from). I've used the stats you provided, and upped the cost to 40k (or 50k?), with a huge upkeep (200). The rest of the stats (Cloak, Speed, etc) have been beefed up a bit too. Did the same for the Fed Prometheus. Not sure if the Messiah should also be converted to Tactical (but at the same tech level), and have the Dominion only get 2 Commands?

The reman shock troops building, how should we call it? Reman Shock Troop Centre? And we need a description for it. The Scimitar one was really nice, so if you'd care to take a shot at this one too, it'd be great ;) I'll add the pics you provided, thanks!

I think I might use some of the names for the Borg stuff in that video for their production facilities, like the Assembly Matrix, Interlink Node, etc :D
I'm currently trying to get assimilation working properly, with the natives being turned into Borg drones. I'm also considering if assimilation should be a multi-turn action (if warranted of course), as opposed to as it is now, a one turn action.
On a similar topic/note, I've started working on a Contaminate System fleet order, so that you can use bio attacks on colonies, with Medical ships - as it is now, there's little point to their existence. It comes with a heavy penalty on relations obviously ;) Bombardments and invasions will probably be revisited, so that contamination should be the fastest way to eliminate a colony.
Sounds good man. :) Looking forward to seeing it!

Okay I've been reading the various wiki sites on Remens and have taken the best bits to make this up. Hopefully it does the job or at least gives you what you need to write something cooler! :)
The Shock Troop Centre trains Reman slaves to become excellent warriors so that they can be exploited by Romulan commanders. During war time these warriors are used as "cannon fodder" by the Romulan military and placed in the fiercest engagements. Their skills in combat and their imposing nature also allows them to be used a personal bodyguards for the Romulan elite.

Good idea, the Star Trek Armada 3 mod is extremely good, popular and has immense depth to each of it's trek races meaning it can serve as great inspiration for filling up gaps in the Supremacy tech/building/ship library. :) And yeah I got those numbers out of the BOTF2 xml files so I guess you have the same values haha. I still haven't done the part 2 video covering their project yet. Hope to do it soon and will link you when its done. With all the changes your making I might have to do part 1B follow up video for your project too lol!
Blake's Sanctum - Star Trek Games: fan page containing pics, vids, info, walkthroughs, patches, & maps!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Thanks Blake!
I'll add the Shock Troop Centre.
I'll probably release a new build this week.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

There's a new build available at BB. Enjoy!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

More significant changes:

More SitReps
More/improved soundFX
Addition of Shock Troop Centre and Scimitar for the Romulans (thanks Blake!)
Construction Ships can Collect Deuterium
Medical Ships can Contaminate Systems (except the Borg and races that prefer Oceanic, Arctic, Barren and Volcanic planets)
Fleets can Train Crew in affiliated systems
A bunch of small fixes and improvements
JeanApple
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JeanApple »

Hey yall

Been following your project for years, just curious what the status is with the AI?

Has it been started on?

Do you guys need any help with funding, or keeping the lights on, ill be willing to help out.

Also I notice the code for the game is written in C#, Im not that strong with coding, did more design, UI layouts, etc. but Im gonna brush up on the code so perhaps in a few months I can lend a helping hand if you don't mind.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey Jean

The AI is still a bit on the passive side. It expands and colonizes all systems in range, building shipyards to extend range and building (smallish) defense fleets. It will build up its colonies, though only the more important stuff will actually get built - including some orbital batteries.
It will respond to diplomatic proposals, but will not offer deals. It may declare war if it is attacked, the likelyhood depending on civilization - the Klingons are much more likely to DoW than the Feds, of course.

What we really need is help with whatever is still missing, be it music, soundFX, art, 3D models, code, etc. There's a thread about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3302

No, we don't mind, at all! All help we can get is most welcome.
The current UIs are kind of placeholders, any suggestions are welcome.

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for taking an interest! Any help you may need, just ask here.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Kieran, is this similar to what you wanted? Any suggestions on how to improve it?

https://bitbucket.org/mstrobel/supremac ... a-tfs-path
JeanApple
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JeanApple »

Curious about the AI and combat engine.

I don't have experience developing an AI, but Im curious, how difficult would it be to develop one from scratch? How many lines of code do you think it'll involve... ballpark? I imagine it'll involve many ITTT statements.

I can do basic coding, so I would be unqualified adding to it, however would it be ok if I hire someone to help add to the code? To be honest Ive been dreaming of a BOTF 2 sequel since 1999. Even talked to the former developers where they told me BOTF 2 was in the works but because CIV 3 (the engine it was being designed with) received such bad reviews they scrapped it :'(

Also in regards to the combat engine, for the time being could we develop a battle automator? So when two fleets clash in a system, the game incorporates all the attributes of the ships (hull, shields, experience etc.) and projects a winner.

Would you guys be able to contact me via email or a messenger service to chat? email: JeanMarciniak @ me.com
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Re AI, we have a solid base, why build it from scratch? Seems like a waste of resources?

Re combat engine, not sure I follow, we already have an automated battle engine which takes ships stats and produces a result. Do you mean something else? Can you elaborate a little, please?

Do you think you could get someone to create a combat engine for Supremacy? That'd be awesome.

I'll drop you an email asap.

Thanks!
c_frei
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by c_frei »

I've always dreamed of having a combat engine for BOTF (or Supremacy in this case) with the Armada engine. Something like they used in Empire at War
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

Hi guys,

Just wanted to jump in and say I really love the game, been playing it for hours now.

Just some quick notes I have made...when sending messages to other diplomats the send button is never highlighted, I have to either press outbox or right mouse click to get it lite and be able to press it, not a major issue, but the same thing happens later in the game when my construction ships can build both starbase and science base cause then the Ok wont light up and I cant choose either...so only way to further explore is by colonizing or getting smaller empires to join me.

Is there a way past this? Im playing the federation, gonna try the romulans see if the problem sticks...

Thanks again for this superb work.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hey pacho, welcome to the forums!

Not sure what you mean. In order to see the Send button, you need to be in Outbox mode, with a proposal already started/chosen. As soon as you initiate a proposal, the Send button is activated immediately. I just tested this and it's working as it should. Can I ask you what was the behaviour you were expecting? I'm trying to understand what the issue is, that's all.
(Unless you have already hit Send for a proposal and want to add more stuff, in which case you have to Edit the proposal)

When you have multiple station types available to build, the dialog pops up, and you have to click on one of them to highlight the OK button - you can't hit OK if you have not chosen one of the options, naturally, as a target type hasn't been chosen yet. I've also just tested this and it's working exactly as intended.

Can you please re-check these, and report back? This has never been reported before.
Thanks for the feedback! And keep it coming.
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

Hi iceman sorry for my bad description,

I am in outbox mode, I make an offer but the send button doesnt lit up for me, I have to either right click mouse button(doesnt always work) or press the outbox mode text again, then the send button lights up.

Yes I know I am clicking like crazy, but as soon as I have two choices I cant build stations anymore thus ending my war pretty fast...
I have tried clicking, pressing return, pressing right mouse button but nothing lets me build the station...

Thank you for taking your time, might be some problem on my side maybe?

I tried playing the romulans and the exact same thing happens both in diplomacy and in starbase building.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

The Send button issue, does it always happen to you? I mean, from the start of a game?
If not, any specific conditions that cause it, that you can identify?

The station issue, have you scrapped any station prior to this happening? Does it happen as soon as you have access to Science Stations (therefore a choice)?

This should have nothing to do with it, but just to be on the safe side, do you have all the pre-reqs installed?
viewtopic.php?f=300&t=3366

BTW, I tested both issues by starting a game on Advanced, and I could Send proposals to the first 2 minors I contacted, and I could build a station with no problems in my homesystem.

Return to “Supremacy”