Supremacy; support/discussion/questions

Moderators: thunderchero, Iceman

pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Supremacy new release

Post by pacho »

Hi iceman,

Funny thing I installed it on another computer here at home started a game in developed and it work, gonna try starting it from developed on My game rig see if that helps...if not Im gonna take some screenshots
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

To add some mystery to this whole thing...

If I start the game from developed it seems to work on both computers, but not when playing from the early stage...
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

That's odd...
If you start from Early, you get the issue on both computers?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

I just tested starting in Early, and the Send button works just fine. Haven't tested the station issue though.
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

Gonna try it on the laptop, I'll get back to you :)

Its such a Nice change of pace to chill after playing bridge crew :)
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

I have tried it now on both computers and get the same results, as soon as I have two choices I cant build stations anymore...

On another note :)

Is there a way to click away auto On labor pool??its incredibly annoying changing the Numbers each round 😂

Id you have any suggestions or so I am glad to try it...in the meantime Im playing with alot of small aliens only way to expand is to get them in the alliance

I just remebered...I cant save??dont know if it has anything to Do with the other stuff, but only auto save works
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

So, in short, you cannot build stations after getting science stations in any starting tech level, and you have issues with the Send button when starting at Early only?

(a workaround for the stations issue is to remove science stations from the data files, if you know how to do it - just edit the Resources\Data\TechTrees.xml file and remove the science station line [123 for teh Feds])
Is there a way to click away auto On labor pool??its incredibly annoying changing the Numbers each round
You mean you would like to have population be automatically assigned to Production Facilities? It already is for food.

Notice that shipyards also extend range, so even if you can't build stations, building a shipyard in your border systems will let you expand farther out. Also, you don't need to get them as members, an affiliation treaty will allow you to use their shipyards and stations to extend range for your ships.

Saving games works, yes. Hmm, maybe you should re-download the game and re-install.
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

Hahaha Yeah perhaps I should 😂 Seems like I have found every possible bug out there 🙈

Yes erasing it would be a good choice I think since ai wont be biodling them anyway they dont give any science bonuses anyway.

Actually the No send button never works, No matter the start date...

No I meant I dont want auto function, when Im satisfied with a planet I convert every resource to research, but at the next round it always changes it back to industry, which is annoying...

Just took a Quick pic with My phone, I could Do it on the starbase aswell, but I Guess that wont really help...
Attachments
No go on send :)
No go on send :)
IMG_1370.JPG (664.2 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Your pic reminded me that I need to fix the diplo screen header on Win10.

I see you already membered the Angosians in that game, so you must have been able to use the Send button at some point?

I'm not sure what to do with science stations... yes, they're supposed to give science bonuses, but what's the point really? They're actually (at least currently) a cheap and fast way to build a station to extend your range - but that's not what they're meant to do, so it seems like an exploit.

No I meant I dont want auto function, when Im satisfied with a planet I convert every resource to research, but at the next round it always changes it back to industry, which is annoying...
I don't have that problem... Never seen it reported either. Really strange.

Is anyone else having these issues?
pacho
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pacho »

Well as for the send problem all I have to do is click on the outbox text and it appears so diplomacy still works, its just that I have to push outbox before pressing send everytime.

So diplomacy works like this, press outbox, make offer, press outbox again and then press send :)

Hahaha as I said, I seem to get all the bugs :D perhaps I should apply as professional beta tester hahaha
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Actually the No send button never works, No matter the start date...
Hmm, your posts in the top of this page say:
Funny thing I installed it on another computer here at home started a game in developed and it work, gonna try starting it from developed on My game rig see if that helps...if not Im gonna take some screenshots
If I start the game from developed it seems to work on both computers, but not when playing from the early stage...
Can you tell me the exact behavior please?
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

pacho, I tested the game in a Win10 machine, and I did not get any of the issues you mentioned: the Send button works fine, selecting stations works fine, saving games works fine, and labor alloction works fine too.
So, I'm confused...

--

I'm uploading a new build right now.
The diplomacy screen header issue has been fixed, and apparently I had inadvertedly "disabled" the Survey order in the last build with an improvement - which has now been fixed.
Slight improvements to sound fx, the Borg, agents of eliminated civs, default settings.
Added a new anomaly, Ion Storm. At present it works the same as a Black Hole, but it will decrease movement of ships, as well as having a chance to damage or destroy them.

Enjoy!
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Uploaded a new build today.

The AI now recognizes Ion Storms as anomalies.
Some tweaks to how anomalies work too: now all anomalies reduce speed, and the nasty ones (BH, NS, IS) will stop the fleet's movement if it takes any damage. Ion Storms work slightly different than BHs.

I'll try to make Ion Storms span multiple sectors when I have enough available time.
I'll also have another go at displaying the skull symbol (eliminated.png) over/replacing a civilization's insignia in the galaxy screen (diplomacy section) when it is eliminated from play.
Isangrad
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Isangrad »

How do i fix this:

DEBUG: Creating Unity container. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:54Z.
DEBUG: Configuring container. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:54Z.
DEBUG: Configuring region adapters. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:54Z.
DEBUG: Creating shell. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:54Z.
DEBUG: Initializing modules. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:55Z.
DEBUG: [INavigationService] Activating Screen: MenuScreen. Priority: None. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:56Z.
DEBUG: [INavigationService] Screen Activated: MenuScreen. Priority: None. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:57Z.
DEBUG: Bootstrapper sequence completed. Priority: Low. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:28:57Z.
EXCEPTION: An error occurred while creating a new game context.

at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Create(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 737
at Supremacy.WCF.SupremacyService.DoStartGame() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyService\SupremacyService.cs:line 255

----------------------------------------

The type initializer for 'Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator' threw an exception.

at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator.GenerateGalaxy(GameContext game)
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Initialize() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 810
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext..ctor(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 754
at Supremacy.Game.GameContext.Create(GameOptions options, Boolean isMultiplayerGame) in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Game\GameContext.cs:line 733

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Supremacy.Universe.GalaxyGenerator..cctor() in c:\Projects\Supremacy\Mainline\SupremacyCore\Universe\GalaxyGenerator.cs:line 65

. Priority: High. Timestamp:2017-09-18 09:29

I am running windows 10 pro.
Iceman
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Iceman »

Hi Isangrad, welcome to the forums!

I'm assuming you're playing the latest version, 20170908?
I could use some more info on your problem.

Have you managed to run the game any time? Or do you always get this exception?
Is this a SP or MP game?
Which options have you selected?

I assume you unzipped the game entirely? I'm asking because it seems the game is trying to create the galaxy, and doesn't find a particular star type - most likely the new Ion Storm. Can you please check if your UniverseTables.txt file (in \Resources\Tables) is the latest one, which includes defs for the IonStorm?

Return to “Supremacy”