Android or ios

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Rendard
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Android or ios

Post by Rendard »

Has anyone tried to port BOTF to android or iOS? I know that tablets and smart phones could run the game. I know that they would have to program it differently but could be done or is copyright prevented this from happing. I know micorpose is out of business. I think the people who make the civlation games have the property rights. Does anyone know if this possible or not. I would love to have a huge type mmo online it would great.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Android or ios

Post by thunderchero »

a few members have talked about it like you, but don't think any have gotten it to work.

closest is Linux
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2263

and
Mac OS X
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2749

if you have any luck post your results

thunderchero
blotunga
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Android or ios

Post by blotunga »

BotF is in copyright hell right now. The code in theory was Microprose's, published by Hasbro, but Paramount has the Star Trek license. So a re-release could only happen if someone brought together all the parties and get them to agree to dig around in their legal vaults and then to either least sign over the rights or something. I don't see that happening soon. The good news is that Birth of the Empires is already on Android and still in development, albeit at a slower pace lately. And it's completely free and open source.

Return to “General Chat”