Query

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Mandrake
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Query

Post by Mandrake »

Hi guys, firstly, apologies for posting in this section of the forum but it doesn't appear to allow me to post in the tech support section.

Hoping this is just an easy fix.

I've downloaded and installed BOTF All in One 1.0.1 and it appears to run, however when I get to the main menu, nothing seems to work. I can move the mouse around but the menu buttons don't appear to respond and I can't go anywhere, I then have to force quit the game to get out.

Any ideas?

Also, I take it the only way of playing full screen is to knock your res down a number of notches?

Thanks,
Mandrake
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Query

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Mandrake, welcome to the forum.

here is unresolved topic that sounds like the same issue. (member never returned to resolve issue)

viewtopic.php?f=303&t=3561

I will try to help but a have few basic questions to start
what operating system?
what options did you select when installing?
did you install "tools" to allow DxWnd to be installed?
vanilla (original version) or mod?
Mandrake
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Mandrake »

Hi Thunderchero, thanks for responding.

I'm running Windows 10
Tools has been installed, so DxWnd has been installed too.
I installed vanilla. There are so many mods I wanted to take time to get back in to the game first before I try anything else.

Thanks,
Mandrake
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

ok first check md5 of BOTF_All_in_One_1.0.1.exe
viewtopic.php?f=303&t=3563&p=47837#p47837
Mandrake wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 pm Also, I take it the only way of playing full screen is to knock your res down a number of notches?
next if you want run game in full screen you need to install dxwnd first and be sure to select the option "Set Icons to use Fullscreen DxWnd Command line arguments"

I suggest you uninstall what you have and be sure you install tools first with correct option.
Mandrake
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Mandrake »

Hi Thunderchero, I checked the md5 and it matched. As per your advice, I'll give it a re-install and see how I get on.

Thanks,
Mandrake
Mandrake
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Mandrake »

Hi Thunderchero,

Tried a re-install. Turns out I had selected the option "Set Icons to use Fullscreen DxWnd Command line arguments" when I had installed it previously, but the window only stretches to about half the screen or so.

Re-install sadly makes no difference. This was just a complete vanilla install now, no mods, nothing. TBH, I don't know what else to do. It would have been nice to play the game. Not surprised it has its problems with Windows 10 given its age, but I don't suppose there is much else we can do.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Mandrake wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 pm Tried a re-install. Turns out I had selected the option "Set Icons to use Fullscreen DxWnd Command line arguments" when I had installed it previously, but the window only stretches to about half the screen or so.
if you installed with "Set Icons to use Fullscreen DxWnd Command line arguments" you should not have a window. :shock:

how are you starting game? desktop icon, start menu icon or trek.exe in install path?
Mandrake wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 pm Re-install sadly makes no difference. This was just a complete vanilla install now, no mods, nothing. TBH, I don't know what else to do. It would have been nice to play the game. Not surprised it has its problems with Windows 10 given its age, but I don't suppose there is much else we can do.
there is still may things we can try to get game running, Windows 10 has no issues running game with Dxwnd.

could you give me some video info
video card type amd,ati, intel?
video card driver version.
cable type used hdmi or display port

what resolution are you installing? have you tried others?

just to confirm you make it to main menu screen and are unable to click on buttons on this screen?
start.jpg
start.jpg (196.47 KiB) Viewed 3404 times
btw if all else fails you might also be able to use mpr++ for vanilla and most mods.

Return to “General Chat”